Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wife retalliated over new yak (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9408)

YakMedic 02-13-2011 05:44 PM

Wife retalliated over new yak

Well i bought my second yak at the oex sale yesterday. My wife acted ok about it until we went out today and purchased a new dining set, sofa and cocktail table. Passive aggression at its finest. To her credit we did need it, just a funny way to respond to my yak purchase. At least I'm off the hook for valentines day.

Billy V 02-13-2011 05:54 PM

Brace Yourself.......

She's not finished yet.:)

maui jim 02-13-2011 05:58 PM

Their never finished............:cool:

Regor 02-13-2011 05:59 PM

The new dining set will not match the floor, so next is new carpet/tile/hardwood.

The floor will now not match the drapes, so new drapes will be on their way.

And of course - the china will not match the drapes, so there's a new purchase.

AND ... the dining room and it's new decor just doesn't look right next to the Living Room set,,,, I figure it won't be over for a year or two and appx $10k :)

wiredantz 02-13-2011 06:19 PM

LOL your new yak just cost you 5000 dollars... LOL

YakMedic 02-13-2011 06:29 PM

The only thing left for our house now are things that I want. Like a kitchen remodel and I dont think shes ready for that. I can only imagine how she's gonna act when I buy my hobie, good thing we just bought her a new car.

driftwood 02-13-2011 06:33 PM

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

MrPatrick 02-13-2011 07:07 PM

Happy Wife, Happy Life! 

Tman 02-13-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakMedic (Post 75768)
Well i bought my second yak at the oex sale yesterday. My wife acted ok about it until we went out today and purchased a new dining set, sofa and cocktail table. Passive aggression at its finest. To her credit we did need it, just a funny way to respond to my yak purchase. At least I'm off the hook for valentines day.

Consider yourself lucky, sweet trade-off...for now...:doh:

BT 02-13-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakMedic (Post 75782)
The only thing left for our house now are things that I want. Like a kitchen remodel and I dont think shes ready for that. I can only imagine how she's gonna act when I buy my hobie, good thing we just bought her a new car.

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh....you just did say that...tell me you just didnt SAY that!

You should be knocking on wood real hard right now!

toadstoadsonly 02-13-2011 11:16 PM

Ha ha my girlfriend went to the mall and did some damage at the mall afterwards $300 dress dang... and then some. I guess it was not as my damage I came home with 2 new yaks.

old_rookie 02-14-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regor (Post 75774)
The new dining set will not match the floor, so next is new carpet/tile/hardwood.

The floor will now not match the drapes, so new drapes will be on their way.

And of course - the china will not match the drapes, so there's a new purchase.

AND ... the dining room and it's new decor just doesn't look right next to the Living Room set,,,, I figure it won't be over for a year or two and appx $10k :)

I have never experienced this kind of behavior.

catchnfish 02-14-2011 07:18 AM

Better to be broke with a happy wife than rich with a pissed off one

taggermike 02-14-2011 07:44 AM

It's sorta funny how that stuff escalates. Last month I took 2 totally low budget hard core 4 day trips to baja. Spent about $200 in all. 8 days of vacation the way I like to vacation. That's not my wifes style. For her 8 days she's talking about a week in europe, s. america, or japan.
200 * 10 minimum. $2000 could last me a year in Mex. Mike

old_rookie 02-14-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcastic (Post 75786)
Happy Wife, Happy Life! 

I'm hearing this more and more these days.

fishsouthcounty 02-14-2011 09:49 AM

so happy im 24 and single...only thing i have to worry about now is the fact i wont be able to go to the bar until i get another paycheck in a couple days.

jorluivil 02-14-2011 11:03 AM

That's some funny sh*t!!!!

I went to Cabo a few years ago and when I got home we had a an entirely new dining room set from linen to cups. When she picked me up at LAX.......

Her: How did it go?

Me: Man was it awesome! I landed and released five marlin, caught and landed two Dorado

Her: That's nice, I have a surprise for you when we get home

My thoughts: YES! She missed me and I'm getting some as soon as I get home

The look on my face when I walked in: :eek:

bus kid 02-14-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchnfish (Post 75819)

Naahhh I'd rather be rich, ditch the b!tch give her half, be half rich, happy and fishing instead of working.:reeling:

Gino 02-14-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty (Post 75848)
so happy im 24 and single...only thing i have to worry about now is the fact i wont be able to go to the bar until i get another paycheck in a couple days.

:biggrinjester: how rough we have it :cheers1:

xpresso2am 02-14-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchnfish (Post 75819)

Amen brother!