Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   And the Winner is... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28753)

GregAndrew 04-11-2016 02:53 PM

Congrats Tony. That was the proverbial needle in the haystack, with only 5 or 6 halibut caught from a field of around 100. On a side note, Roby came out on Sunday with us and caught what would have been the 2nd largest fish (if he had entered). Although it would have only netted the 3rd place standing with the fish release bonus 2nd place took. Gloom and doom forecasts turned out to be 2 very fishable days. All I managed was a couple Leopard sharks and a burned up memory card that lost all the UW video I shot on Sunday.

ericko 04-11-2016 02:55 PM

Awesome buddy...team sewer always finds the top spot

Zed 04-11-2016 02:58 PM

Nice one Tony.
Quote:

burned up memory card that lost all the UW video I shot on Sunday.
Bummer. Im sure there was numerous fat halibut flipping you the fin. Just like: "I got a picture of bigfoot but somehow the film got exposed."

ful-rac 04-11-2016 03:15 PM

We fished as hard the conditions allowed this past weekend. I was hoping Greg would catch something so we could both be up on the leader board together, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. After fishing this tournament...Man is the deck stacked against you...The bonuses the boaters get for releasing fish just isn't fair. There's no way to bring back a live halibut on a kayak, especially a large one. Kayakers can't weigh in bass, because they have to be released alive...:eek:

2nd place
Before bonus: 16 pounds
After bonus: 21 pounds

I'm just lucky it wasn't even close otherwise it really woulda sucked!

StinkyMatt 04-11-2016 03:17 PM

Congrats Tony on a huge win !

:cheers1:

P.S. I hope that all you guys know that we just created a "monster"!

If you thought that he was all that before........now he has a damn trophy to prove it. :eek:

theluckypig 04-11-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 258441)
We fished as hard the conditions allowed this past weekend. I was hoping Greg would catch something so we could both be up on the leader board together, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. After fishing this tournament...Man is the deck stacked against you...The bonuses the boaters get for releasing fish just isn't fair. There's no way to bring back a live halibut on a kayak, especially a large one. Kayakers can't weigh in bass, because they have to be released alive...:eek:

2nd place
Before bonus: 16 pounds
After bonus: 21 pounds

I'm just lucky it wasn't even close otherwise it really woulda sucked!

no kidding... that would have been some serious bs...

Harry Hill 04-11-2016 06:54 PM

How long will the bass last in a bait tank that is pumping fresh water in all of the time? I had a dozen mackerel last a long time on the water. I think five bass would do okay.

ful-rac 04-11-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hill (Post 258459)
How long will the bass last in a bait tank that is pumping fresh water in all of the time? I had a dozen mackerel last a long time on the water. I think five bass would do okay.

How do you keep them alive on the freeway....?

Harry Hill 04-11-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 258461)

I was thinking you checked in on the water. I didn't consider having to travel to check in. Just shows you how much I know about these tournaments.

roby 04-11-2016 08:37 PM

To me, Tony is a true CHAMP. I would call him the reigning CHAMP for the year 2016....

Lumberjacks at Norms for everyone!!!!

:luxhello:

cell128 04-11-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 258461)

Congrats tony!!!
I always keep my fish alive if they fit the livewell I had this huge sand bass one time went straight from the water into a cooler I could hear it slapping around inside for at least 25minutes on the freeway. Heck one rockfish was still alive at octicos (johnn's) house when we fillet them in his from yard. Some of these fish are pretty tough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Amish Ed 04-11-2016 09:33 PM

Congrats Tony. Way to represent.

To keep bass alive on the freeway just use an aerator. They suck for keeping bait alive, but work well for livewells. Just make sure you change the water before the long drive, and make sure there's plenty of water to make up for what sloshes out on the drive.

easyday 04-11-2016 10:58 PM

Congrats tony that's awesome.

walrus 04-12-2016 10:54 AM

I don't know why I'm not surprised by this, enjoy Alaska. You need to change your screen name to Big Butt. CONGRATS!

summers in kuwait 04-12-2016 04:25 PM

Well done Tony!
Congrats and way to represent the kayak fishing community

2-Stix 04-12-2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summers in kuwait (Post 258534)
Well done Tony!
Congrats and way to represent the kayak fishing community

x2

Rambo 04-12-2016 09:46 PM

:notworthy::notworthy:congrats!!

driftwood 04-13-2016 07:12 AM

You are the fishin magician! Congrats!!!!

Apex 04-13-2016 07:11 PM

Hail the Slayer !!!