Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   amateur hour (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28655)

Ror_sal 03-30-2016 04:07 PM

amateur hour

Rolled my kayak on the way in trying to avoid swimmers on the inside + the surf was bigger than I was used too. Only lost my small tackle box. Had some plastics with Warbait weedless heads, a handful of hooks in a bag some torpedo sinkers and a Kicker 25 in scrambled egg. If you found it and want to keep it, go for it as you have every right. But if you're feeling kind, I would be more than stoked to get it back cause that Kicker 25 has some memories from this last summer. And tackle isn't cheap! I was just south of the wooden fence by the ramp. Thanks for any help. Stay dry...

FullFlavorPike 03-30-2016 04:16 PM

Bummer dude.

Shorter period swell will jump out at you in shallow water like that. Buoys say the avg period was something like 7 sec this morning.

Wait wait wait wait till you get your window then goooooooooooo!

Glad you didn't lose too much.

Ror_sal 03-30-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike (Post 257295)
Bummer dude.

Shorter period swell will jump out at you in shallow water like that. Buoys say the avg period was something like 7 sec this morning.

Wait wait wait wait till you get your window then goooooooooooo!

Glad you didn't lose too much.

yea I timed it well, but even the waves in between sets where more than Im used too. i could of bulldozed some tourist and probably would of been good haha

Phishphood 03-30-2016 04:40 PM

Glad you only lost the box. I'll look for it tomorrow morning. But really pike is right. I've waited for darn near ten minutes before I felt comfortable timing the sets before.

Ror_sal 03-30-2016 05:30 PM

It's funny cause I surf also...when I surf I feel ole I'm sitting there for 30 minutes waiting for the set to come through. When I'm in my kayak fishing...is like it never stops haha

monstahfish 03-31-2016 06:36 AM

I would recommend giving a holler to the swimmers and kindly asking them to clear out of the way. When it gets big and it's crowded there are a few soft spots in the break that I always go for and if the swimmers are willing to move, I'd rather reduce my risks of hurting someone and flipping.

taggermike 03-31-2016 03:27 PM

The launch area can get full of swimmers n snorkels. Those folks a clueless. I've landed a fully rigged out adventure island with fools like that all around. Not fun. Mike

Seva 04-02-2016 12:11 PM

This wouldnt happen to be Rory would it??

Ror_sal 04-04-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seva (Post 257541)
This wouldnt happen to be Rory would it??

Sure is. Haha. What's up