Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Pipe, Dana Pt. Ca (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10580)

Dunegoat 06-19-2011 11:48 AM

The Pipe, Dana Pt. Ca

I've heard of "The Pipe" in Dana but haven't fished it. Where/what is it? Anyone have any input/directions/coordinates?

Thanks,

Randy

flydigital 06-19-2011 12:40 PM

The pipe is a sewage outlet pipe that starts at Doheney beach and ends in about 90ft of water due south. Lots of structure, a nice 5 foot rise, and some kelp on it for some good fishing occasionally. To find it, head due south out of the harbor for about a mile and you will see the first barber pole. Align yourself between it and Doheney beach river mouth and look on your sonar for the rise. Usually there are people fishing it so its not that hard to locate. 50-65ft is particularly fishy.

Dunegoat 06-19-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flydigital (Post 87019)
The pipe is a sewage outlet pipe that starts at Doheney beach and ends in about 90ft of water due south. Lots of structure, a nice 5 foot rise, and some kelp on it for some good fishing occasionally. To find it, head due south out of the harbor for about a mile and you will see the first barber pole. Align yourself between it and Doheney beach river mouth and look on your sonar for the rise. Usually there are people fishing it so its not that hard to locate. 50-65ft is particularly fishy.

I know where I'm going Saturday. Thanks man.

fishsouthcounty 06-19-2011 05:33 PM

Randy you fishin saturday?? I am off work friday saturday this week. Ill meet you down there if your plannin on heading out.

Dunegoat 06-19-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty (Post 87032)
Randy you fishin saturday?? I am off work friday saturday this week. Ill meet you down there if your plannin on heading out.

Yes Sir I am. We'll talk again during the week but I'll see you out there bright and early Saturday morning.

Amish Ed 06-20-2011 03:57 PM

Check out my report from this morning.

fishsouthcounty 06-20-2011 05:20 PM

ya Ed looks like you did pretty good out there this morning. Unfortunately i dont have any FF to find the pipe. Hopefully Randy's new Tarpon has a FF installed and i can just follow his lead. Feel free to join us saturday morning if you would like Ed.

Dunegoat 06-20-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amish Ed (Post 87121)
Check out my report from this morning.

I did. Looks a fun time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty (Post 87134)
ya Ed looks like you did pretty good out there this morning. Unfortunately i dont have any FF to find the pipe. Hopefully Randy's new Tarpon has a FF installed and i can just follow his lead. Feel free to join us saturday morning if you would like Ed.

FF and GPS. We're good Tim. And yea Ed, the more the merrier.

Amish Ed 06-20-2011 06:32 PM

Thanks for the invite, but I gotta work. Look forward to your reports though. One of the things I like about the pipe is the depth range. It seems like if one section isn't producing another will be.

Dunegoat 06-20-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amish Ed (Post 87141)
Thanks for the invite, but I gotta work. Look forward to your reports though. One of the things I like about the pipe is the depth range. It seems like if one section isn't producing another will be.

Another time. And I've never been before so I'm sure we'll fish all over that area to get a feel for it