Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Annual LJ webcam cleaning (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12999)

Old Man in the Sea 03-29-2012 12:07 PM

Annual LJ webcam cleaning

Can we get a contractor or volunteer with a ladder to perform the annual LJ Webcam lens cleaning??

gupppy 03-29-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Man in the Sea (Post 111797)
Can we get a contractor or volunteer with a ladder to perform the annual LJ Webcam lens cleaning??

Where's bay park? :D

Old Man in the Sea 03-29-2012 04:12 PM

East of 5 on the hill above the Mission Bay - the LJ webcam camera above a stairwell on LJ Beach and Tennis club property - I could probably get one of the maintenance guys to wipe it clean for 5 bucks....

gupppy 03-29-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Man in the Sea (Post 111824)
East of 5 on the hill above the Mission Bay - the LJ webcam camera above a stairwell on LJ Beach and Tennis club property - I could probably get one of the maintenance guys to wipe it clean for 5 bucks....

What I was getting at was if you're out there one day and you have a way, I'm sure people would appreciate your wiping it.

Yakin 03-30-2012 07:31 AM

and make sure to give a huge face shot for everyone back home at BWE when you clean it haha!!

Baja_Traveler 04-10-2012 12:25 PM

Took a shot at cleaning the camera this morning on my way into work. Picture is definitely improved, but there seems to be some small tough to remove junk on the left side still...

Billy V 04-10-2012 12:38 PM

I've done it in the past a few times, now someone else needs to take a turn. Don't be shy, you only live 5 minutes from the launch Old Man.

Its very easy to do. Jump right in and become part of the BWE Community

1. Get a Large Super Soaker

2. Bring along a 5 gal. bucket full of fresh water.
(Rain X bug wash in the water is a nice touch)

3. Pull your truck directly under the camera and stand in the Bed so you are close to it.

4. Fill Super Soaker with water and Douche the camera lens several times.
(Repeat several times and it will be perfectly clean)

Give us a report on how it went.
Billy V

Old Man in the Sea 04-10-2012 01:51 PM

Thanks Baja T - picture looks 100% better - I will take the next turn on cleaning now that proper technique has been revealed....

Baja_Traveler 04-10-2012 01:55 PM

I actually used one of the old fashioned water fire extinguishers I had kicking around. Worked pretty good, but the addition of the bug wash is a great idea...

Yakin 04-10-2012 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Man in the Sea (Post 113496)
Thanks Baja T - picture looks 100% better - I will take the next turn on cleaning now that proper technique has been revealed....

It's all about the Proper Technique old man

maui jim 04-10-2012 02:06 PM

Is our rare "Protected LJ Coastal WSB Spider still there??...:confused:.

I hope you had the proper training and permits so not to harm the nesting habitat of our beloved spider.. and I assume you wore the correct bio suit so not to bring harmful dangerous bacteria to our mascots habitat.. :cool:

You did clear this with the MLPA???:eek:

Good job, now I can stop cleaning my moniter on the computer....:D

NEEFFF 04-10-2012 02:15 PM

:you_rock::you_rock:

bus kid 04-10-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakin (Post 111893)
and make sure to give a huge face shot for everyone back home at BWE when you clean it haha!!

Wait what web cam are we talking about?

blitzburgh 04-10-2012 02:29 PM

Looks WAY better. Thanks!

gupppy 04-10-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bus kid (Post 113504)

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/index.p...lashoreswebcam

link at the top of every page.

gupppy 04-10-2012 02:30 PM

wow, just saw the webcam. so clear, i saw a wsb swimming by!

Baja_Traveler 04-10-2012 03:16 PM

Aww Damn! I forgot to send in a permit application to the Coastal Commission! Now I have to keep my eye out for black helicopters filled with Blue Ribbon Taskforce members!! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maui jim (Post 113501)
Is our rare "Protected LJ Coastal WSB Spider still there??...:confused:.

I hope you had the proper training and permits so not to harm the nesting habitat of our beloved spider.. and I assume you wore the correct bio suit so not to bring harmful dangerous bacteria to our mascots habitat.. :cool:

You did clear this with the MLPA???:eek:

Good job, now I can stop cleaning my moniter on the computer....:D

Yakin 04-10-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bus kid (Post 113504)

the BWE Special Edition webcam haha