Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   THANKS BWE ADMINS (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=14172)

YakMedic 07-01-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 123588)
Again, the point we would like to drive home is post what you want or don't. Criticizing other contributing members for what they share or choose not to share will get you shit canned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambadmin (Post 123590)
Yes indeed.

Comment removed; user banned for 1 week. If such comments continue, we’ll ban permanently. We will not tolerate any BS.

Avery, thanks!! :cheers1:

Very cool guys... You move with a swift hand. Good looking out for the kayak fishing community. :you_rock::cheers1:

mtnbykr2 07-02-2012 09:38 AM

let's get back to it :grouphug:

blazian 07-02-2012 11:30 AM

Finally

Finally, we have a forum that is back to normal, instead of a bunch of asshats trying to keep all fish to themselves. I'm guessing they aren't very happy now. heheheheheheh

Jimmyz123 07-02-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazian (Post 123695)
Finally, we have a forum that is back to normal, instead of a bunch of asshats trying to keep all fish to themselves. I'm guessing they aren't very happy now. heheheheheheh

There is a much different feeling on the boards at this time now. A much more relaxed welcome feeling again.

wiredantz 07-02-2012 07:46 PM

:you_rock: ICeman

BigBalsa 07-02-2012 08:49 PM

I continue to log time OTW but have yet to "pop the cherry", so every little bit of advice helps. Thanks to all the unselfish posts out there. Hopefully a catch soon, and I'll be able to share a post with a PIC!

Keep the spirit of the pursuit true.

cajunman 07-03-2012 07:13 AM

As an long time member, ( not as much kayaking as i would like) I also would like to thank the moderators for taking this step. This is a great board and will continue to be
rich

Iceman 07-03-2012 07:34 AM

Holy crap Cajunman resurfaces! :D Long time know see Rich............who's next Lifeguardguy? Fishinmagician???????:D

swinginFish 07-03-2012 08:20 AM

resurfacing ....

Yo Rich! Get off that boat and get some exercise! As for "resurfacing", note that Tobey's in town, and with a little persuasion, perhaps we can arrange an OTW rendezvous and share fish stories over some ..... ibuprofin!

Avery

cajunman 07-03-2012 10:08 AM

actually been traveling ( camping a lot) checking out places to retire. Been bringing the Yak along and getting in some nice fishin. Last one was a week a Morro Bay, filled up on rockfish.

Tell tobey hi and to give me a call too. Iceman, thanks for the acknowledgement

rich

Enceladus 07-03-2012 11:30 AM

My only regret is that I haven't had a post worthy of warranting any intimidation. Some day, tho...someday...:o

Jim Sammons LJKF 07-03-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 123840)
Holy crap Cajunman resurfaces! :D Long time know see Rich............who's next Lifeguardguy? Fishinmagician???????:D

Wow if you can get those two back on here it would almost be like old times. Don't forget Tom Booth too.

swinginFish 07-03-2012 02:02 PM

Roll call ...

Sammons?! Woa, what's happening here? Can't help but wonder which of the other aging knuckleheads continue to lurk on the outskirts?

A "fresh breeze" indeed!

Siebler 07-03-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 123840)

I was thinking the same thing! Rich sold me my very first kayak, a Cobra Explorer.

Jimm H 07-03-2012 04:28 PM

Right On, Avery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF (Post 123907)
Wow if you can get those two back on here it would almost be like old times. Don't forget Tom Booth too.

Jim: Tom Booth sold his La Jolla house and moved to Lake Tahoe two year ago. ( I still talk to him periodically). Of course, if you have legal/criminal problems he's still your best bet at a defense attorney (knowing how you've mellowed, Jim, you probably won't need his number as much as I thoought you would in the th "old days"

Adam K. (FishinMagician) got MARRIED, and is a volunteer member of the SD Mountain Rescue unit.

Last I heard, Brian the LGG was fishing bass tournaments, but that was some time ago.

Funny how most of the guys that pioneered kayak fishing in La Jolla has moved on to fishing elsewhere, own boats now, etc. I launched from the shores on my kayak a month or so ago for the first time in a year and some guy asked me if I needed any advise on getting out. i told him I've got close to 600 launches there, so no... he then started asking me about things and we talked to for about 10 minutes. There used to be a lot of sharing and a lot of radio chatter on 71. Now, a lot of silence.

It used to be reports contained time, depth, hook type, line size, leader, bait type and size, water clarity, conditions, signs, etc. Last couple of years seems to be a photo followed by a lot of "nice catch"... "nice fish" atta boys.

Thanks for taking a stand supporting a return to informative reports

Jimm H

Iceman 07-03-2012 04:32 PM

Doctor Gary? :D

Tman 07-03-2012 06:31 PM

Johnny Ceviche, anyone?

Do miss the old days of fresh on the water reports...

cajunman 07-03-2012 09:10 PM

ah J. Cervechie paddling in from an all night fishing trip while we were going out

swinginFish 07-03-2012 11:06 PM

Roll Call!

Geez, let's take a walk (or is it paddle - no, peddle) down memory lane.

Jimm H - Was hoping you'd be lurking out there. Thought of you recently given the fresh report of a GW cruising around again. Recall the banter at grey light between you and Tom a day after a shark report years back, i.e., Tom: "If we see something, what should we do?" You: "Paddle fast." Tom: "How fast?" You: "Just faster than Avery - he's somewhere behind us".

Ahh, friends...

Yep, we truly did enjoy a distinct comeraderie back then. As for Johnny Ceviche, I'll never forget seeing him surf a small LJ wave in on his OK SP. It was around 8 AM - think it was this time of year and at least a decade in the past. I was just about to paddle out, and upon seeing Johnny, was concerned he'd pearl given how low his yak was in the water. He didn't, and as he got closer to shore I realized what was up, i.e., he had two large YT's and an even bigger WSB strewn across his bow! Epic Johnny (For those unfamiliar with Mssr. Ceviche, you've a fine Google/YouTube journey ahead if interested). Hey, you out there Johnny? Wonder who else is lurking out there? C-level? Trout? Pat? Al?

Roll call!

Montesdad 07-04-2012 06:14 AM

Thank you Mods - appreciate your contribution to the site and our sport.