Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LJ 5/25 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=35255)

Dingokevin 05-26-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baileybikes (Post 307396)
How much did the baby weigh? OH and the YT :)

Congrats on both!

Baby 6.7lbs

YT around 15/20ish

SmokinBass 05-26-2020 10:57 AM

I didn't ask for a pin drop or for you to hold my hand. Just a real report.

Dingokevin 05-26-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinBass (Post 307399)
I didn't ask for a pin drop or for you to hold my hand. Just a real report.

before you tell someone to write a real report how about you write one. you have 61 post and you haven't contribute to anything...most of your post are saying nice report, congrats.

TJones 05-26-2020 11:39 AM

caught up with you on your way back in

I was just heading out. Way to make short work of them. Thanks for openly sharing all your secrets. Jig, color, location, etc. etc.... I did manage to break the skunk on a juvenile White Sea bass. Either questionably legal, or 1" short using my measuring tape on paddle. None the less, released to live another day. Again congrats, and thanks. By the way, you had mentioned I was on the border of the State Marine Reserve when I ran into you. I guess making bad in such an area is prohibited? Happy Memorial Day everyone. Hope everyone remained safe.

Dingokevin 05-26-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 307401)
I was just heading out. Way to make short work of them. Thanks for openly sharing all your secrets. Jig, color, location, etc. etc.... I did manage to break the skunk on a juvenile White Sea bass. Either questionably legal, or 1" short using my measuring tape on paddle. None the less, released to live another day. Again congrats, and thanks. By the way, you had mentioned I was on the border of the State Marine Reserve when I ran into you. I guess making bad in such an area is prohibited? Happy Memorial Day everyone. Hope everyone remained safe.

Yeah nice talking with you. Yes making bait there is a no no. Great job on the WSB always better to let swim away when in question.

Warmshort 05-26-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingokevin (Post 307400)
before you tell someone to write a real report how about you write one. you have 61 post and you haven't contribute to anything...most of your post are saying nice report, congrats.

So the water was blueish green or greenish blue I’m confused lol just kidding. Going tomorrow lady’s I’ll be checking in. Thx for the motivation!

Dingokevin 05-26-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmshort (Post 307403)
So the water was blueish green or greenish blue I’m confused lol just kidding. Going tomorrow lady’s I’ll be checking in. Thx for the motivation!

more of a greenish brown hahahaha

filippo 05-26-2020 11:52 AM

Even with a full report and fishing with this guy (Almost) every time, I manage to catch 0 fish because I never listen to him hahahaha

bolocop 05-26-2020 01:55 PM

The nerve of some folks.

Dingokevin—thanks for the report. More than enough info. Most wouldn’t post at all.

chris138 05-26-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingokevin (Post 307400)

Agree 100%

This is why many people (myself included) don't post reports here. Kevin tries to help out complete strangers with timely information and you talk shit to him about "not giving enough details". :confused:

Hey my guy, you gotta be on the ocean to catch a fish. If a wide open report like this doesn't get you motivated to go get on the water, nothing will. Fishing is about the hunt, not having the bite details fed to you "mama bird" style on the internet. Most OGs on this site would probably say that he gave out TOO MANY details, but hey that's a whole other kettle of fish :D :jig:

My opinion: if somebody told you exactly when, where, how to get a bite... you didn't really catch that fish, you just reeled it in. It was a charitable donation to your cooler. Thanks Kevin for your philanthropy! :you_rock:

lamb 05-26-2020 03:23 PM

Congrats on your baby,
and on this great day if fishing! :cheers1:

Dingokevin 05-26-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 307416)
Agree 100%

This is why many people (myself included) don't post reports here. Kevin tries to help out complete strangers with timely information and you talk shit to him about "not giving enough details". :confused:

Hey my guy, you gotta be on the ocean to catch a fish. If a wide open report like this doesn't get you motivated to go get on the water, nothing will. Fishing is about the hunt, not having the bite details fed to you "mama bird" style on the internet. Most OGs on this site would probably say that he gave out TOO MANY details, but hey that's a whole other kettle of fish :D :jig:

My opinion: if somebody told you exactly when, where, how to get a bite... you didn't really catch that fish, you just reeled it in. It was a charitable donation to your cooler. Thanks Kevin for your philanthropy! :you_rock:

Thanks brother.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kirkdavis 05-26-2020 04:32 PM

It doesn't matter

Even if he went out to the same location with the same bait and setup 1 hour later he might not catch anything. In the end it's being in the right place at the right TIME. That's why everyone says spend time on the water and eventually you'll get something. I took a guy outside of mission bay and he caught a 30# WSB. I have yet to catch a keeper, and I was the one that taught him how to flyline. The fun is in the time on the water.

sly 05-26-2020 04:40 PM

congrats

Congratulations on the new bundle of joy and on the YT. I spent about 6 hours out there with a buddy of mine and we only manages 6 fish together. We tried trolling both lures and a mac and couldn't produce anything. Finally ended up getting some rockfish and white fish to take home though. Hopefully next time we can have your type of day.

BTW, thanks for all the info, I agree with the others, your first report was plenty good.

TCS 05-26-2020 07:21 PM

No good deed goes unpunished.

Oolie 05-26-2020 07:50 PM

Did someone say WFO?

:bigear::auto::auto::auto::auto::auto::auto: :biggrinjester:

I always feel more accomplished when I figure out how to catch them. It's not the same with your hands being held.

That said, good going on the slow pitch.

jbl_91762 05-27-2020 06:36 AM

Nice report but even better reading. Great way to laugh my ass off while I drink my morning brew. And so selfish of you not to give further details as current, how many kayakers out there and their colors. and most important how many ladies were wearing thong bikinis. Next time we expect much more details.

Warmshort 05-27-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbl_91762 (Post 307433)
Nice report but even better reading. Great way to laugh my ass off while I drink my morning brew. And so selfish of you not to give further details as current, how many kayakers out there and their colors. and most important how many ladies were wearing thong bikinis. Next time we expect much more details.

Without a thong count the trip is a bust in my opinion lol and no speedos don’t count

swinginFish 05-27-2020 12:13 PM

Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamb (Post 307419)
Congrats on your baby,
and on this great day if fishing! :cheers1:

Kevin,

Many of us so-called "old-timers" don't bother posting much anymore, but as one of the many who've known you as a "kid" from years and years of on-the-water contact, am really glad to hear of your becoming a dad. Indeed, if all goes well, I'll be out for the first time in many moons this weekend with my son (a rarity on both counts).

Gosh - even a note from "Lamb" as well!

All the best pappa!

Avery

(a D u B) 05-27-2020 12:14 PM

Nice post, sounds like a good time to get on the water. Seems the red tide has pretty much passed although when I surf the crashing waves still have that odd "tint" to them. Good to hear the bite is on, I'll try and get out there soon.