Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mission Bay Today (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30711)

tacmik 03-02-2017 12:46 PM

Mission Bay Today

Launched at ski beach around 6:30 to calm water and chilly weather. Trolled down towards the bowling pin for a 13" spottie and a dink. Off the water by 10:30. Total count 4 dinks and 2 around 13". Water was warmer than the air at first, then it warmed up and was a pleasant day all except for the idiot in a power boat that thought it was funny to not once, but three times come flying by me throwing up a wake and laughing the whole time.

FullFlavorPike 03-02-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacmik (Post 276098)
thought it was funny to not once, but three times come flying by me throwing up a wake and laughing the whole time.

Next time see how funny he thinks it is with a Salas 6x hanging out of his eyelid while you make a radio report to the CG that "Some kook in a Bayliner is buzzing kayakers in Mission Bay"

:jig::the_finger:

Amish Ed 03-02-2017 01:49 PM

Glad you found a few. Way better than the skunk I got last time I was there.

makobob 03-02-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike (Post 276099)
Next time see how funny he thinks it is with a Salas 6x hanging out of his eyelid while you make a radio report to the CG that "Some kook in a Bayliner is buzzing kayakers in Mission Bay"

:jig::the_finger:

While using a 6x sounds tempting it would make YOU the law breaker.

Deamon 03-02-2017 04:35 PM

Ummm...you fish? :the_finger:

MITCHELL 03-02-2017 06:42 PM

At least the rest of the bay is 5 mph......

Until you get passed channel buoys...I'm surprised that they don't have more accidents than they do in that part of the bay.even early in the morning there's still fast water skiers that's the best time for skiing,in the afternoon you are taking your life between your paddle entering the blender....:iagree:

MITCHELL 03-02-2017 07:04 PM

This day and age....

You want to stay on the side of right you never no who's filming you on a cellphone video:eek:

Harry Hill 03-02-2017 07:14 PM

Where are the bowling pins? You are too vulnerable in a kayak to fight power boaters. I would probably report him, but I'm a hot head sometimes and those kind of things can escalate quickly.

FullFlavorPike 03-03-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 276115)
While using a 6x sounds tempting it would make YOU the law breaker.

He's right! Best to use a Tady 45 for fairness.

tacmik 03-04-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 276131)
Until you get passed channel buoys...I'm surprised that they don't have more accidents than they do in that part of the bay.even early in the morning there's still fast water skiers that's the best time for skiing,in the afternoon you are taking your life between your paddle entering the blender....:iagree:

Agreed. Only thing was, it wasn't a ski boat but a nice fishing boat about 24' or so. Just seemed to be cruising back and forth thru the bay.