Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   BFD & BBQ - Saturday August 2nd (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=3536)

Cucamonga Keith 06-26-2008 07:28 PM

BFD & BBQ - Saturday August 2nd

BFD & BBQ @ DP
*Big Fish Day & Potluck BBQ at Dana Point

Yep, you guessed it! Another thinly disguised excuse to get out of the house and go kayak fishing. On the other hand, it's for a good cause and you just might take home a few of your buddy's hard earned bucks.

Join us at Baby Beach in Dana Point Harbor on Saturday August 2nd for a friendly get together and pot luck BBQ. Fishingkayaks.net and the Loco Pescadores will supply free hot dogs with all the fixin's. If you can, bring a side dish to share.

Saturday August 2nd - Baby Beach in Dana Point Harbor
2 Jackpots - $20. Antie - Human powered craft only, no motors
Biggest Bass (Calico, Sand, or Spotted Bay Bass)
Biggest Fish (no Bass, Rays, Skates or Sharks)
6:00 - 7:00am launch - Noon Weigh-in - 12:30 BBQ

Half goes to the anglers with the single biggest bass and single biggest fish other than a bass, ray, skate or shark. The other half goes to the KFACA to help represent kayak angling interests during implementation of the California Marine Life Protection Act along our coastline. In the unlikely event that you don't know about the Kayak Fishing Association of California (KFACA) or the series of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) coming soon to southern California, please visit the website at www.kfaca.org for more information.

Click for more info >>

http://www.fishingkayaks.net/images/lp-logo.jpg
http://www.fishingkayaks.net/images/fknbnr_sml.jpg

Iceman 06-26-2008 07:57 PM

Right on Keith......any excuse to go fishing. Sounds like a good time, I'll be there!:D

vikingstar 06-26-2008 08:22 PM

Sounds like a great idea. How/when do we register?

Wayne

Cucamonga Keith 06-27-2008 07:11 AM

We'll post a "roll call" the week before to get an idea how many people might be coming and what kind of side dish or whatever they may want to bring.
Other than that, just show up between 6:00 and 7:00am with $20 and pick which jackpot you want to be in. We're trying to to keep things real simple and just have some fun.

Keith

bearlythere 06-27-2008 12:05 PM

Cool deal I'll be there.
:cheers1:

Cucamonga Keith 07-26-2008 10:10 AM

Bump

Iceman 07-27-2008 11:44 AM

Bump that bump!:D

cabojohn 07-28-2008 12:59 PM

bump -
:)

Cucamonga Keith 07-28-2008 06:33 PM

Reminder and Roll call

Just a reminder that the BFD & BBQ @ DP to benefit the KFACA is coming up this Saturday August 2nd. Help support the KFACA while maybe taking home a few jackpot bucks yourself. < Click here for details >

There have been good Sand Bass and Calico bites lately along the 'Pipe' and the jetty wall out front and the reefs off Capo. Halibut are on the chew at Doheny, south of the red dinger off the Point and also inside the harbor. The occasional BIG WSB is caught in the kelp off the Point.
Water temp is 67-71.
Incoming 5.8' tide from a minus.
New moon phase with light swells predicted for Saturday. There are also grunion runs predicted on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

To help give us some idea of how many people may be showing up (not counting the last minute arrivals), please post your reply on this thread. It won't give us a count but it does help.

So far, we will have plenty hot dogs, buns and condiments + some BBQ chicken and ribs. If you are planning on bringing a side dish, chips, drinks ,etc., that would be great. If you're just bringing an appetite, that's cool too.:cool:
BTW: Open containers of alcoholic beverages :cheers1: are unlawful at Dana Point Harbor and OC Beaches so please don't be caught walking around with any alcoholic beverage containers.;)

Cucamonga Keith 07-29-2008 05:40 AM

Bumb #2, two, tu, too, dos...

Zed 07-29-2008 09:34 AM

:iamwithstupid:
:ciao::willy::heeeelllllooooo:

Z

Tman 07-29-2008 10:00 AM

:iamwithstupid:Me too, to, 2, two, tu, dos....Zed, respect your elders...

Cucamonga Keith 07-29-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tman (Post 27298)
:iamwithstupid:Me too, to, 2, two, tu, dos....Zed, respect your elders...

I'm not stuuuupppid; I just don't know any better!

Anyways, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

CK

BTW: T-man, you can just mail in your $20 now and save the gas driving up. You're gonna get skunked anyway.:the_finger:

cabojohn 07-29-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cucamonga Keith (Post 27305)
BTW: T-man, you can just mail in your $20 now and save the gas driving up. You're gonna get skunked anyway.:the_finger:

lol

LocoKayako 07-29-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Cucamonga Keith http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/i...s/viewpost.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
lol
lollollol

Cucamonga Keith 07-30-2008 06:43 AM

Bump :ciao:

Tman 07-30-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cucamonga Keith (Post 27305)

Sweeeeet...get to save gas money AND sleep in...where do I send the $ ?

Zed 07-30-2008 09:36 AM

Hell of a deal.
I'll fedex some smelly bait, so you get the whole package. I hear Ranch99 has good seafood, if you want to eat some.

All you other guys, I'll see you Sat.

Grego 07-30-2008 09:47 AM

P13's outta :puke:North Laguna sucks.....Zed can I cook your hot dog for you?

20lb+ WSB side bet anyone?(no harbor/doheny 28" BS)....$10 and winner takes half/other half to KFAC, no one scores then all of it goes to KFAC. Troy, your pops can't play.

Zed 07-30-2008 10:38 AM

He can't play on Sat's anyway.
But I got his dope.

How was the surf in OK, Grego? Pretty flat? You have some flatland anxiety built up, or something.
Are you referring to my [puke] green P13? At least I'm seen and not confused with a white-cap --with all the stupid f'n pb's between Newport and Dana. But your hardhat is high-vis, so I guess you're good.

I was worried about my average wsb getting beat by dpliska's bigass 'but. So any way to get dp OUT of the equation, I'm for it.