Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Redtide (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=35148)

Warmshort 05-06-2020 04:24 PM

Redtide

When’s it gonna be gone?

Salty 05-06-2020 05:47 PM

They can last a few weeks up to a few months. Unfortunately there's really no good way to predict. We have a little swell coming in this weekend, so maybe that will help move things around. No idea, but I'm also looking forward to seeing some clear water too. Friend on his boat went all the way out to Cortez Bank to do some spearfishing today. Initial report was that the thick red tide is still about 2 miles, but even all the way out to the islands, the water never really got nice and clear. Haven't heard how it was past the islands though. Maybe it's nice out there, but I don't think I'll be taking my kayak out that far anyway lol

Warmshort 05-06-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 306615)
They can last a few weeks up to a few months. Unfortunately there's really no good way to predict. We have a little swell coming in this weekend, so maybe that will help move things around. No idea, but I'm also looking forward to seeing some clear water too. Friend on his boat went all the way out to Cortez Bank to do some spearfishing today. Initial report was that the thick red tide is still about 2 miles, but even all the way out to the islands, the water never really got nice and clear. Haven't heard how it was past the islands though. Maybe it's nice out there, but I don't think I'll be taking my kayak out that far anyway lol

Ouch I didn’t realize they could last that long. Hit me back when there’s clear waters :reeling:

Salty 05-06-2020 08:55 PM

I'm sure I won't be the only one happily reporting clear water!!

Salty 05-14-2020 06:39 PM

Just an update: Went surfing this afternoon for 2-3 hours before sunset today at Salt Creek. Water was super clear and glassy. Not sure what it's looking like further offshore, but it looks like we might finally be on the other side of this! Here's to wishful thinking :cheers1:

Warmshort 05-15-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 306881)
Just an update: Went surfing this afternoon for 2-3 hours before sunset today at Salt Creek. Water was super clear and glassy. Not sure what it's looking like further offshore, but it looks like we might finally be on the other side of this! Here's to wishful thinking :cheers1:

Sweet thanks for the update.

Salty 05-15-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmshort (Post 306885)
Sweet thanks for the update.

It's confirmed! Took the boat out today with a buddy. Water was crystal clear all the way out. Looks like our prayers to the fishing gods have been answered! :notworthy: