Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bait tank getting built finally... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=13693)

JNAST13ST 05-21-2012 09:14 PM

Bait tank getting built finally...

I finally decided to stop bullshiting around and just have CJ at OEM build my tank.pretty pricey but it should last forever or at least a few years. I wanted something good that I could keep for awhile and not feel like I wasted my money. O yeah I also got a seeker 7' American series today for $40 bucks great deal so spent a good 200+ on gear today:eek:

Deefeesha 05-21-2012 09:44 PM

Just remember, it doesn't stop there either ...

Welcome to the addiction ;)

jorluivil 05-21-2012 09:47 PM

Its just a matter or time before you have to start hiding the receipts from the old lady.

slobslayer 05-21-2012 09:48 PM

Ha so I'm not the only one.

min-va 05-21-2012 10:33 PM

The money i spend on gears are more than my kayak now :p

Divad 05-22-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 119051)
Its just a matter or time before you have to start hiding the receipts from the old lady.

:Angel_anim: Come on we don't hide the receipts we just forget to show them. Doing side jobs for the neighbors is my fishing money.;)

And yes it dosn't stop there! I am allways looking to improve the set-up.

It looks like BWE is a site for a bunch of Engineers with a fishing problem!:D

JNAST13ST 05-22-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divad (Post 119071)
:Angel_anim: Come on we don't hide the receipts we just forget to show them. Doing side jobs for the neighbors is my fishing money.;)

And yes it dosn't stop there! I am allways looking to improve the set-up.

It looks like BWE is a site for a bunch of Engineers with a fishing problem!:D

Yeah man I already want a pa so let the saving begin:luxhello:

William Novotny 05-22-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

If she's any thing like my old lady, she will find them. Throw those bastards away!

JNAST13ST 05-22-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Novotny (Post 119076)
If she's any thing like my old lady, she will find them. Throw those bastards away!

Lol, it's like we're doing something illegal:cheers1:
Don't leave traces no cards cash only lol

danjor 05-22-2012 06:42 AM

Cash only is a good idea. If you use card it will be written down how much you spend on fishing. It can be scarry seeing how much you spend when it adds up. Like my card shows i spent about 3k last year on gas for fishing trips alone. Doesnt even count the gas i used for work and every day driving. Fishing addictions cost more than drug addictions lol

JNAST13ST 05-22-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjor (Post 119081)
Cash only is a good idea. If you use card it will be written down how much you spend on fishing. It can be scarry seeing how much you spend when it adds up. Like my card shows i spent about 3k last year on gas for fishing trips alone. Doesnt even count the gas i used for work and every day driving. Fishing addictions cost more than drug addictions lol

Yeah man they can look it up on the Internet now that shit is kray

xpresso2am 05-22-2012 06:55 AM

Always pay in cash, save no receipts or atleast leave them at work taped under your desk. When going to the grocery store for eggs and milk use your debit card and take out an extra $20-60, two to three items a week.

This is the secret kayak fund.

when you come home with it, only bring it home after you have fished (doesnt matter on where or when) Just say it was a fishing tournament and you won the gear!!!

JNAST13ST 05-22-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpresso2am (Post 119083)
Always pay in cash, save no receipts or atleast leave them at work taped under your desk. When going to the grocery store for eggs and milk use your debit card and take out an extra $20-60, two to three items a week.

when you come home with it, only bring it home after you have fished (doesnt matter on where or when) Just say it was a fishing tournament and you won the gear!!!

Lol sounds like we found the loop hole, it's sad though cause its our money haha

Halol 05-22-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

haha i already do that...she thinks my yak and all fishing gear cost me 200 bucks =P

Yakin 05-22-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Love the grocery store idea!! I gotta remember that!
and I over played the tournament gag coming home with a new pole every time I went to the beach no I have to say I won it in a jack pot haha

JNAST13ST 05-22-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halol (Post 119104)
haha i already do that...she thinks my yak and all fishing gear cost me 200 bucks =P

lol $200 huh nice, Im heading out with darthfisherman and JimmyZ this saturday to Shelter if you interested

YakMedic 05-22-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

A word of advice on this tactic. Some stores show cash back as a separate part of the total transaction on your statement. So if your wife looks at the bank statement she will catch on....
It's pathetic, but sometimes you just need a new reel.:D

oneyedeer 05-22-2012 12:52 PM

Guess I just need to buy everything I want now before I get married :)

Yakin 05-22-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneyedeer (Post 119128)
Guess I just need to buy everything I want now before I get married :)

That is the best idea you can do especially before you plan the wedding because trust me I am in the planning for august and every penny is going to the wedding!

Deefeesha 05-22-2012 01:57 PM

Don't forget prenup ... incase she decides to take half of your gear :D