Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Her name was candy 🍬 Candy loving ❤️...... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=37442)

MITCHELL 10-07-2023 04:44 AM

Her name was candy 🍬 Candy loving ❤️......

1 Attachment(s)
She was a real beauty, born in Kansas.
Miss January 1979. PB 25th anniversary ❤️
She left a life time impression on me.
But I did not discover her till the early 80s,
After my true love ❤️ betrayed me and kicked me to the curb. Life has never been the same.
Maybe karma paying me back before I met her.
Yes I am a sinner of the flesh, but this is not frivolous spending say turned. 💔😎

MITCHELL 10-07-2023 05:38 AM

Thankyou....

Google search engine 👀 ❤️

MITCHELL 10-14-2023 06:45 PM

Baby blue was the color of her eyes 👀

1 Attachment(s)
Baby blue like the Colorado sky
Better than sitting in a drive in movie in day light.

MITCHELL 10-15-2023 01:34 PM

Another......

Big foot sighting. :dontknow:

MITCHELL 10-19-2023 08:52 AM

Why CRB.....

4 Attachment(s)
Because it was less money than MHX.
7ft light and 7ft med light complete rod kits.

MITCHELL 10-19-2023 09:01 AM

Just a simple hand spin was needed.

But a dryer motor was needed to spin the rod, until resin was dry.
After the first dark blue rod was done I felt more color was needed.

MITCHELL 10-20-2023 05:00 PM

Did I mention.....

CRB offers a life time garentee on their blanks, if you brake one on a fish just cut the brake and ship it in for inspection. I have only broke one rod fighting a fish in my
life time and it was a sheephead with a pistol grip boron rod and the handle broke. Fenwick said an air bubble got in the mold and gave me a brand new Fenwick gold wing

JohnMckroidJr 10-22-2023 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 319898)
CRB offers a life time guarantee on their blanks, if you brake one on a fish just cut the brake and ship it in for inspection. I have only broke one rod fighting a fish in my
life time and it was a sheephead with a pistol grip boron rod and the handle broke. Fenwick said an air bubble got in the mold and gave me a brand new Fenwick gold wing

Fenwick made some nice rods. There are a few brands that have blank warranties. There is always a chance that they may not accept the warranty. :reel:

Light blue and dark blue make a nice color theme. My rods all have a brown thread in them. Nothing flashy, but makes them identifiable.

I had two sets of Cuda Brand bait scissors fail. The first time they honored the warranty, and the second time they did not for the same exact metal failure.

MITCHELL 11-11-2023 11:43 PM

Thanks....

John:you_rock:

MITCHELL 11-12-2023 01:40 AM

I followed the guide spacing charts......

But not sure if the 2 bigfoot guides are right, I could have them backwards anybody know.
The dark blue is light action and the light blue is medium light action. which means on the same size fish the dark blue rod would be bent more. the charts I followed didn't say light was top of the list on CRB premium list I followed. It saved me the hassle of doing a static test.
Kind of a mind twister...I'm bent on thinking about that 🤔

MITCHELL 11-12-2023 01:51 AM

You would think....

With a more bent rod you would need shorter gaps between the guides to keep line from touching the blank. until till you get to the stiffest part of the blank with minimum bend.

JohnMckroidJr 11-12-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 319972)
John:you_rock:

Thanks bro!:cheers1:

JohnMckroidJr 11-12-2023 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 319974)
With a more bent rod you would need shorter gaps between the guides to keep line from touching the blank. until till you get to the stiffest part of the blank with minimum bend.

Even 2 of the same exact blank can be slightly different as to where the best placement for guides is.

Once the tip has been installed correctly in reference to the blank spine, I usually attach the guides with rubber bands or tape to adjust positions so that the line never touches the blank. Sometimes, I will use electric tape for a more permanent temporary solution to try the rod out a few times fishing and see how it performs before installing the guides permanently with thread and varnish.

I had problems with ceramic inserts popping out of the guides when using the rod tubes on the Hobie Pro Anglers. I prefer to use Carboloy guides with the middle support for my kayak rods. The middle support makes the guides just a little more durable for the abuse they take while fishing on the kayak.

:reel:

MITCHELL 11-13-2023 03:25 AM

Ya popping a ring really sucks....

Doing a static test use to be fun. I had the rack on my truck all set up with a c clamp and a metal rod holder for that. a heavy block with a motorcycle tie down.
Bending the blank is the fun part. The fresh water light guides were so small I could barely pick them up let alone tape to a blank and then have them spin and slip on the blank. Plus medical issues take all the fun out of it. If it were a 10ft phenix blank you bet I would. Spinning rod not critical all the guides are pointing down the line can only go from guide to guide.

MITCHELL 12-10-2023 04:58 AM

Managed to squeeze in some fishing between 2 afib ablation procedures......

3 Attachment(s)
It was a wet one, you might say a christening of the two poles I wrapped. Being handycap with artists in both knees along with DVT it was chair 💺 fishing for me one pole as far as I could cast with power bait cheese 🧀 on the bottom in pole holder and the other pole casting spoons and mini jigs from the 💺 only got one dink 3in that fell off the hook I think it was a bass on a Thomas Boyant. Across the lake was a truck on the lauching ramp that looked like the stocking trout truck but didn't see it they put any trout in the lake. The stock was supposed to be early in the week. It rained on and off after 9am I fished from 8 till 2pm for a skunk but the young man that ask if he could fish next to me got his limit of trout they were boiling shallow in the afternoon
I tried a little walking but gave up after slipping in the mud but did not fall in the water.

MITCHELL 12-10-2023 05:20 AM

Another young man joined the first

3 Attachment(s)
And worked the boiling trout that would chase mini jigs all the way to the bank. I pretty much just watched casting from my chair the fellow that got his limit offered me some trout but I didn't want any because I had to much food I had to eat up or I would have taken some I love eating fresh trout. But I was just happy getting out fishing and back up the hill catch some you loose some that's why it called fishing my limits coming
Got to enjoy it while young tying 2lb only get harder the older you get.

MITCHELL 12-10-2023 05:24 AM

Candy 🍬 lovin.....

I love ❤️ you 🤠

MITCHELL 12-10-2023 10:49 PM

It's hard to say.....

If the pelicans help your fishing or not.
One things forsure 💯 they keep the trout moving.

MITCHELL 12-10-2023 11:13 PM

BTW....how can you mend came out in 1978 the year....

I graduated from high school and met my true love ❤️ ?
But with every love story not all have a happy ending.
I salute all the MIA Vietnam vets that got a dear John letter...the wall brings tears to my eyes for both sides
Fking politics make me sick. Peace ✌️ out find your happy place rich or poor what ever it might be and comfort in your solace.

MITCHELL 12-11-2023 12:38 AM

Silver.....

1 Attachment(s)
Lining....the only rainbow 🌈 for me.