Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thieves- lock up your stuff. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8283)

Gino 09-12-2010 07:26 PM

Thieves- lock up your stuff.

car was raided last week. Did some investigatory work for no results.

If anyone sees a Shimano Tackle binder,
12volt 7amh powersonic battery, and Mildand Nautico 3 vhf radio with no charger (i have the charger...) for sale soemhwere or on criagslist.
let me know...im looking as well

I hate thieves... :mad:

sandydiego 09-13-2010 08:18 AM

Were you hit in LJ?

DannyN 09-13-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino (Post 64653)
car was raided last week. Did some investigatory work for no results.

If anyone sees a Shimano Tackle binder,
12volt 7amh powersonic battery, and Mildand Nautico 3 vhf radio with no charger (i have the charger...) for sale soemhwere or on criagslist.
let me know...im looking as well

I hate thieves... :mad:

Sorry for the lost Gino.

Gigafish 09-13-2010 09:02 AM

Jeesh, some people. I had my car broken into several years ago and all they took was my tackle box. It looks like a camcorder box so I think they were a bit suprised when they opened it up.

Jzo 09-13-2010 09:08 AM

I totally feel for your lost, what I do before going into the water or anytime leaving the car for a long time, is to make sure to clear anything inside the car other than trash, if I had anything to store I would put in the trunk or glove compartment.

Stan K G 09-13-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jzo (Post 64694)
what I do before going into the water or anytime leaving the car for a long time, is to make sure clear anything inside the car expect for trash, if I had anything to store I would put in the trunk or glove compartment.

I 'intentionally' do the opposite, I got so much crap in my cars interior that it would take a thief too long to find something worth stealing.:D

Gino 09-13-2010 11:03 AM

It was broken into in front of my apartment in newport. i was parked in my car port.

They guy didnt even take the good stuff. Im assuming it was maybe a homesless guy recycling the lead? cant see why hed just take the tacklebag (full of lead weights) and the battery.
The radio he took is worthless without the charger. So im not sure what the point of that was.
Been alot of homeless out here lately. its been the secound time this year. So I'm not to happy about it.

To file a report... it takes me waiting 45min - an hour for the police officer to show up...
Wish it was the old days, id catch the guy myself and beat him to a pulp.

Fiskadoro 09-13-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino (Post 64706)
They guy didnt even take the good stuff. Im assuming it was maybe a homesless guy recycling the lead? cant see why hed just take the tacklebag (full of lead weights) and the battery.

Recycling the metal, no doubt! Up here they rip the copper out of vacant houses, after the banks foreclose.

On day I got a shipment of bunch of sheet of 1/4 inch Aluminum, about two hours later the dog barks and I see two guys carrying a 4x12 towards the gate.

Stopped them and asked what they were going to do with it, and the said take it to the recycle place for cash. Marine grade maybe $300 a sheet and they were going to turn it in for pennies and a fix. :mad:

Sorry to hear it, hate thieves.

Jim

jorluivil 09-13-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan K G (Post 64696)
I 'intentionally' do the opposite, I got so much crap in my cars interior that it would take a thief too long to find something worth stealing.:D

I kinda do the same. Except for my paddle I carry all of my yakking equipment in a large tote, when I go out and leave it in the car I tend to leave it open so that they can see that they can see there's really not much worth taking. For the most part my interiror is always clean...you might see a magazine or spare shoes but other than that I tend to keep it clean.

I know how it feels to get ripped off. I've never been one to carry large amounts of cash but the one time that I did I left it in an organizer UNDER the driver seat....nothing else was left out in plain view. I forget all about my organizer and when I woke up someone had broken into my car in my driveway....what are the chances? I kicked myself in the ass because for three days I kept telling myself to go deposit the money in the bank but never did. There was an atm machine about 100yards from my house......lesson learned, I guess.

Aaron 09-13-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Day (Post 64711)
Stopped them and asked what they were going to do with it, and the said take it to the recycle place for cash. Marine grade maybe $300 a sheet and they were going to turn it in for pennies and a fix. :mad:

You stopped and asked them and they answered HONESTLY?! Even more puzzling, how could they speak through the blood and tears?