Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Catalina (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8527)

WahooUSMA 10-11-2010 09:56 AM

Catalina

Okay, so I watched these two videos today from Fastlane and damn, they screwed me up. I can't work - Just keep thinking "what a phookin kick in the nuts that would have been...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFOya9B5JJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BHAzDPW5So

scoop 10-11-2010 10:29 AM

Thanks for link. I saw a rough cut playing in the store, awesome vid.

jbm 10-11-2010 10:47 AM

That is awesome. What a great time.

dnichols36 10-11-2010 01:37 PM

DANG!!

Iceman 10-11-2010 01:46 PM

Very cool! Boys being boys!:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:............I feel old :biggrinjester:

T Bone 10-11-2010 06:35 PM

Thats awesome.

RoeBoat 10-11-2010 07:18 PM

Anyone want to trade a nicely rigged 2009 Hobie Revo for one of those Adventures with the sail? I want to try that. Anyone have any idea how long it took them to get to Catalina? :cheers1:

dfroggy54 10-11-2010 07:41 PM

damn...that water is clear.

scoop 10-11-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoeBoat (Post 67010)
Anyone want to trade a nicely rigged 2009 Hobie Revo for one of those Adventures with the sail? I want to try that. Anyone have any idea how long it took them to get to Catalina? :cheers1:

I spoke to one of the guys very briefly, he said 5 going, 6 coming back (ish).

m1k3midg3 10-11-2010 09:50 PM

Just because of that video I am going to go to catalina in one of the tri maran things that they have. THATLOOKED AWESOME

Jzo 10-11-2010 11:26 PM

Thx for the link, nice!!!

WahooUSMA 10-12-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoeBoat (Post 67010)

I am with you!

RedSledTeam 10-12-2010 08:17 PM

I've been eyeing those trimarans for a while. The tandem model is about $4.7K and the single $3.7K. The highest speed I've seen is 10.5 knots in the single and heard the tandem is faster. There seems to be alot of splashing from the bow at the high speeds. I wonder if next year's model will fix that problem. Any Hobie reps online?

AquaticHunter 10-13-2010 10:17 AM

Great. One more thing I have to have. Thanks a lot.

I sailed a catamaran to catalina in the late '80s. No compass, no GPS, we only brought a small bottle of water and one sandwich each with our clothes in trash bags. On top of that it was overcast so we couldn't see the island when we left. Looking back it seems foolish.

We lost our wind about 2 miles from the island so we had to each stradle a hull on our stomachs and start paddling so I can definitely appreciate the pedal drive. When we came into the harbor we caught some wind and sailed into the harbor on one hull. The sailors in the marina came out of their yachts and gave us a standing ovation. Very cool trip and a great memory.

danny 10-13-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaticHunter (Post 67103)

I sailed a catamaran to catalina in the late '80s. No compass, no GPS, we only brought a small bottle of water and one sandwich each with our clothes in trash bags. On top of that it was overcast so we couldn't see the island when we left. Looking back it seems foolish.

We lost our wind about 2 miles from the island so we had to each stradle a hull on our stomachs and start paddling so I can definitely appreciate the pedal drive. When we came into the harbor we caught some wind and sailed into the harbor on one hull. The sailors in the marina came out of their yachts and gave us a standing ovation. Very cool trip and a great memory.

rude comment removed.

WahooUSMA 10-14-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaticHunter (Post 67103)

I believe their video scored with at least two people I know....I pick mine up sometime next week. Going with Roeboat this weekend for a demo ride...

scoop 10-14-2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WahooUSMA (Post 67164)
Okay, so I watched these two videos today from Fastlane and damn, they screwed me up. I can't work - Just keep thinking "what a phookin kick in the nuts that would have been...."

Quote:

....I pick mine up sometime next week

Wow, you weren't kidding! Nice one.

RoeBoat 10-14-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny (Post 67152)
People that stupid should not breed.

Dude, what kind of comment is that? Please explain yourself or keep those kinds of comments to yourself.

AquaticHunter 10-14-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

I believe their video scored with at least two people I know....I pick mine up sometime next week. Going with Roeboat this weekend for a demo ride...

Like you, I couldn't even work after I saw that video yesterday. I sent it to the guy I made that trip to Catalina with and it made him want to move back to California.

Are you going with the single or tandem? I was checking them out last night and with the sail area it looks like the tandem would go faster. Any place you know of to demo them?

Oh and don't worry about Danny. He's mad at the world right now over his guilt at taking a baby fish. But he'll get on the treadmill and get over it.

BWE 10-14-2010 08:57 AM

Danny - multiple inappropriate comments. 7 day ban to cool off