Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   WTB Kayak paddle and PFD (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=16856)

amanriquez 02-04-2013 03:04 PM

WTB Kayak paddle and PFD

I just recently bought my 1st kayak, a used Malibu Stealth 14 but it looks brand new (I'ld post pics but I can't because I'm missing a security token????). My kayak came with 1 accessory, a seat. I need 2 essentials... a paddle and a PFD. I really want to get it out on the water so I can learn how to kayak. I'll probably try Puddingstone Lake... any other suggestions in the SGV area? I don't have much money to invest now, so anything that will fit my low budget and help me get out on the water soon. Eventually I'll get to all the other accessories. Thank you all in advance! Love all the advice and stories in this forum!

Dannowar 02-04-2013 03:15 PM

I have a paddle you can HAVE FOR FREE if you come get it

I'm in San Diego

h-james 02-04-2013 05:06 PM

Just last week my neighbor gave me a PFD that I have no use for. It's a watersports PFD (Read NOT designed for fishing) but it will keep you afloat should you get dumped in the water.

Info from the vest:
Type-III PFD
Adult size x-large
Chest size 41-43

Its dusty and could use a cleaning, but it's in good condition. If you want it, its yours.

James

boxturtle 02-04-2013 05:10 PM

Love this site!

amanriquez 02-04-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 146566)
I have a paddle you can HAVE FOR FREE if you come get it

I'm in San Diego

Dannowar... that is VERY generous! If someone local doesn't offer a deal on a paddle this week, I'll take you up on your offer. If it's ok with you, I'll PM you at the end of the week. Thanks!

amanriquez 02-04-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h-james (Post 146581)
Just last week my neighbor gave me a PFD that I have no use for. It's a watersports PFD (Read NOT designed for fishing) but it will keep you afloat should you get dumped in the water.

Info from the vest:
Type-III PFD
Adult size x-large
Chest size 41-43

Its dusty and could use a cleaning, but it's in good condition. If you want it, its yours.

James

That'll work for now, thanks James! I'll PM you to make arrangements.

Dannowar 02-04-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanriquez (Post 146603)
Dannowar... that is VERY generous! If someone local doesn't offer a deal on a paddle this week, I'll take you up on your offer. If it's ok with you, I'll PM you at the end of the week. Thanks!

Wasn't planning on selling it so its all yours. Consider it set aside. Let me know when you can pick it up. :cheers1::paddleersmilie: