Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LJ 3/13/21 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=36177)

kingfamous 03-13-2021 06:03 PM

LJ 3/13/21

Anybody go out this morning? I was watching the web cam around 7:30am, saw about 6 guys launch and about 5min. later they all came back in and stared out to sea and pointed for about 10 min. then packed up and went home. Thought it was odd. Surf did not look to crazy but I was watching from the webcam. Was wondering what was going on.

jimmyjones 03-13-2021 07:36 PM

Which cam were you looking at ?

Gflann 03-13-2021 09:28 PM

Perhaps it was the 2.5ft swell at 6 seconds and some wind added in making the conditions pretty undesirable...I’ve fished in similar short interval swells and it hasnt been very enjoyable.

kingfamous 03-14-2021 06:55 AM

LJ shores webcam

alfsteur 03-14-2021 07:52 PM

I launched... I flipped... and I went home...

stevie951 03-15-2021 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfsteur (Post 313145)
I launched... I flipped... and I went home...

bUt dId yOu hAvE eVeRyThInG sTraPped??

Have you launched in a 6 foot shore pound?

STFU

:you_rock::cheers1:

alfsteur 03-16-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 313147)
bUt dId yOu hAvE eVeRyThInG sTraPped??

Have you launched in a 6 foot shore pound?

STFU

:you_rock::cheers1:

LOL... everything strapped down so didn't lose anything, but damaged a mirage drive turbon fin due to malfunction.

Salty 03-17-2021 02:05 PM

If it was anything like Sunday, I assume that's why they bounced. I pulled up to LJ at 5am on 2/14. Sat on the tailgate for a solid 15-20 minutes trying to time the sets. Didn't see a break in the sets that was longer than 8ish seconds. Low tide was making them dumpy and closed out. Didn't look worth the risk, especially riding solo. Drove all the way back up to Dana Point and launched there. Wasn't much better there. Guy at the bait barge(not Jeff, who is normally super cool) was in a really bad mood and felt the need to spread it around(tipped him anyway). Pretty much set the mood for the whole day. Trudged out 4 miles offshore to drift for deep halibut, but got beat up by wind and crossed-up, irregular swells, rained on and skunked. Would've been better off staying in bed to be honest. Just one of those days. But I'll be out again next weekend anyway, just like always...

DanaPT 03-18-2021 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 313179)
If it was anything like Sunday, I assume that's why they bounced. I pulled up to LJ at 5am on 2/14. Sat on the tailgate for a solid 15-20 minutes trying to time the sets. Didn't see a break in the sets that was longer than 8ish seconds. Low tide was making them dumpy and closed out. Didn't look worth the risk, especially riding solo. Drove all the way back up to Dana Point and launched there. Wasn't much better there. Guy at the bait barge(not Jeff, who is normally super cool) was in a really bad mood and felt the need to spread it around(tipped him anyway). Pretty much set the mood for the whole day. Trudged out 4 miles offshore to drift for deep halibut, but got beat up by wind and crossed-up, irregular swells, rained on and skunked. Would've been better off staying in bed to be honest. Just one of those days. But I'll be out again next weekend anyway, just like always...

Yeah, not sure what's up w/ bait barge. 1 scoop ! Usually more with the tip.

Service doesn't matter when you are the only game in town.

Salty 03-18-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaPT (Post 313185)
Yeah, not sure what's up w/ bait barge. 1 scoop ! Usually more with the tip.

Service doesn't matter when you are the only game in town.

Lol yeah only 1 scoop here too. He did say they were running a bit short, so that's understandable. Beats trying to make bait at DP. But he had to remind me(twice) that charters pay the bills, not kayaks. Which is plainly obvious. Just felt the need to remind me that kayaks are at the bottom of the fishing totem pole. Whatever. Hope the beer he got with my tip was cold at least.