Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Surf launching near Redondo Beach (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=36057)

StrikerMC 01-18-2021 07:56 PM

Surf launching near Redondo Beach

Hey everyone, as rockfish season starts up soon and the Redondo hand launch still being closed until late March (if that will even stick), has anyone here ever surf launched around the pier just south of the harbor? If any of you have any information on the parking/beach access situation, some advice would be greatly appreciated! With this new depth limit I think we all will have a great season.

jorluivil 01-19-2021 09:37 AM

If you have anything other than a PA14/12 or if you have someone that is coming with you just launch from the boat launch/hoist.

StrikerMC 01-19-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 312504)
If you have anything other than a PA14/12 or if you have someone that is coming with you just launch from the boat launch/hoist.

This post is about surf launching.

cris 01-20-2021 06:40 AM

Do you specifically want a surf launch? You could always park at Malaga cove and wheel your kayak down to RAT beach, it’s all downhill!

SoCalEDC 01-20-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cris (Post 312515)
Do you specifically want a surf launch? You could always park at Malaga cove and wheel your kayak down to RAT beach, it’s all downhill!

Is that the real rocky beach by the private gym?

jorluivil 01-20-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikerMC (Post 312512)
This post is about surf launching.

Yeah, I know..............I can read.

Why go through the hassle of surf launching when there's a perfectly good dock to launch from and you can park less than 100 feet from it? But hey!! If it's a surf launch that you want there's plenty of coastline to choose from.

Buena Suerte!

StrikerMC 01-20-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 312525)

Why go through the hassle of surf launching when there's a perfectly good dock to launch from and you can park less than 100 feet from it? But hey!! If it's a surf launch that you want there's plenty of coastline to choose from.

Buena Suerte!

Again, yes I do want to surf launch. Thanks!

StrikerMC 01-20-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cris (Post 312515)

And uphill on the way back! Haha yes, that's a good option. What's the parking like there? Free or paid?

monkeyfishturds 01-26-2021 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post

Buena Suerte!
Quote:

Again, yes I do want to surf launch. Thanks!
Paseo De La Playa parking, Torrance County Beach. 3$ winter, 7$ summer.
West facing beaches. I would love to watch your launches.

Attachment 27911

ProfessorLongArms 02-02-2021 07:09 PM

Just because it'll be a natural conclusion as you check the area.... RAT beach will leave you puffing, even with a cart for your yak.

Long ass haul down the trail to a pretty bumpy dirt path, and a pretty long break.... typically much bigger than la jolla and just as long.

It's nice to be that close to the coves, but I'd sooner launch King's harbor.
The paddle's worth saving yourself the trouble.

Honestly even diving PV with light gear is a pain in the ass. I hate those damn cliffs and rocks.