Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Heroes On The Water - So Cal Chapter (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Heroes On The Water 7-29-17 Tidelands Park (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31619)

FISH11 07-29-2017 04:10 PM

Heroes On The Water 7-29-17 Tidelands Park

6 Attachment(s)
Today was another great event put on by the Southern California Chapter of Heroes On The Water. During the event I saw more Spotted Bass being caught by the Vets then on any other event I can recall in the last year. Seemed like they provably out fished a lot of the mentors. I for one think that is great and glad to help out in their success. I think that the experience HOW provides is very beneficial to the participating Vets and also for the Volunteers. That is why we do it over and over throughout the year. Here are a few picture I took today and if anyone else that was there can add any other please post them on this Thread. Thanks for watching Mark.

MITCHELL 07-29-2017 05:26 PM

Fish 0n....

4 Attachment(s)
Hookup

MITCHELL 07-29-2017 05:29 PM

Papa....

1 Attachment(s)
John's :drool5:

Edgard 07-29-2017 08:27 PM

It was a great event. Thanks for having me.

tacmik 07-30-2017 05:12 AM

Want to thank everyone who participated in the event. Without volunteers, we would not exist. I know a lot of you have been coming out to most if not all the events we have had this year, and their have been a lot. THANK YOU. I am asking now, our next event is going to be the 19th of August. We will be needing as many mentors as can help. Both on the water and on shore. Several of the HOW staff will not be able to attend due to family obligations and prior commitments. We will be needing a little more help with the land based operation part. i.e. setting up the tables and helping prep the food and clean up and help stow everything after the event. If you are able to help, we and the vets greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

goldenglory18 08-01-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacmik (Post 283597)
Want to thank everyone who participated in the event. Without volunteers, we would not exist. I know a lot of you have been coming out to most if not all the events we have had this year, and their have been a lot. THANK YOU. I am asking now, our next event is going to be the 19th of August. We will be needing as many mentors as can help. Both on the water and on shore. Several of the HOW staff will not be able to attend due to family obligations and prior commitments. We will be needing a little more help with the land based operation part. i.e. setting up the tables and helping prep the food and clean up and help stow everything after the event. If you are able to help, we and the vets greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Let me see what I can do....

uacanoekayak 08-09-2017 01:33 AM

Looks like a great event. If I ever get out to California, I will see if I can make the next one!