Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   www.KayakFishingSupplies.com web site update (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=17370)

lambadmin 03-17-2013 06:12 PM

www.KayakFishingSupplies.com web site update

What up BWE!

Drum roll please:

WE REMODELED THE WEB STORE!!!!

www.KayakFishingSupplies.com

The new site has been up for about a week now. We're still working out lil' glitches, but we're very happy that we finally rolled it out.

Too many new features to list...

Check it out - your feedback is welcome!

In celebration, we just flipped the switch on for 15% OFF storewide sale... Standard restrictions apply....

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/banners...ite-Update.jpg

lamb 03-18-2013 11:18 AM

:confused:

Thank you very much for your support,
and for your kind and generous overwhelming input... :rolleyes:

I see what I see - if we don't see some feedback about the new web site, that we all let our recent YT and WSB swim unharmed putting endless nights & days working on, we're shutting down BWE for a couple of days to let the server cool off... :the_finger: :D :D :D

BTW - BWE major revamp is next on the list...

C'mon gang, you gotta keep us motivated.

MuddyMike 03-18-2013 12:13 PM

i'll give you comments from the jaded eyes of a web developer...

it's tough to compare without seeing them side by side, but from what I remember, this version is a lot easier to read and use.

- pages load fast, that's nice.

- some of the category descriptions are pretty wordy. (i.e. accessories & electronics) i'm thinking less than 1% of the users will read through that stuff and it's taking up all the space above the fold. everyone will just scroll & scroll over that stuff to get to the products. a short summary with links off to pages with all the additional info might be more effective. then at least i'd expect that i'm going somewhere to read some info on accessories and electronics.

- similar comment for the store front. that's a lot of valuable space big blocks of text are taking up.

- you have categories for bait tanks, and bait tank parts, but there are lots of bait tank parts in the bait tanks category.

- contact info is placed well throughout the site.

- search seems pretty accurate, and fast.

overall, it's a pretty good user experience.

lamb 03-18-2013 12:24 PM

Great input, thanks MuddyMike!

We're still doing the clean up - it's a process.
Your very specific input is helpful and much appreciated!

PapaDave 03-18-2013 12:51 PM

Nice, I like it.

dbarnett66 03-18-2013 01:08 PM

I think the site is an improvement. It is cleaner and seems to be very logical. If I had a choice between the two sites, I would choose the new one.

jruiz 03-18-2013 01:16 PM

I like how kayaks are in their own category and not lost in a list. I don't remember if reviews were part of the old site, if not, it's a good addition. Packages are a nice idea too

Old Man in the Sea 03-18-2013 01:37 PM

100% improvement

Nice job!!! my suggestion...how about a weekly special section or bargain cave ...:jig:

IslanderFishing 03-18-2013 01:59 PM

The new website looks cleaner, but is it possible to see all results on one page instead of having to click to see more results on multiple pages? Overall, much better improvement. Good job!

lamb 03-18-2013 06:34 PM

great feedback, all valuable input... :cheers1:

Thank you!!!

Watch the stuff happen ;)

CorvinaLoca 03-18-2013 06:53 PM

Awesome

It looks awesome! :notworthy:
Well done Adi n crew!
Well worth the sacrifice of missing the recent :wsb: and :yt: bites.

Hey - I was looking for game clips n cud not find.
Which section are they in?

captnblood34 03-18-2013 07:11 PM

Im the guy that will always find a cheaper price than whoever claims to have the best deal on the market, and I'll hold out until I find it too. I searched around of course for the gear that I already own, I think everyone does, and I was happy to see some competitive pricing. Thumbs up. I then looked at some of the stuff I have on my wish list and was pleased with the numbers I saw. 2 thumbs up! You'll see my order soon!

Jay

steveooo 03-18-2013 07:14 PM

Looking good :luxhello:

lamb 03-19-2013 02:33 PM

Good stuff gang, THANKS!!!

Keep it coming!!

Game Clips are under the "Fishing Gear", right in the main category, not under one of the sub-categories that are there. I can see how this can be confusing, but it's hard as there are a ton of "Fishing Gear" products.

Search also works - the search function has bee improved. Just type in "Game Clip" (or anything you're searching for) in the Search box in the upper right corner

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...word=game+clip

Glad to hear confirmation on competitive pricing. :cheers1: That is our goal! We know we got the best service - Powered By OEX. ;)

YakMedic 03-19-2013 04:09 PM

Looking good guys, I don't remember if you had a mobile/tablet site before but I went on it last night with the ipad and it's nicely laid out.

The only thing I found a little weird was not all the mounts are listed with the rod holders but I found them separate under the kayak accessories link. The search function works great also.

lamb 03-19-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jruiz (Post 151031)
I like how kayaks are in their own category and not lost in a list. I don't remember if reviews were part of the old site, if not, it's a good addition. Packages are a nice idea too

Kayaks in their own category is new :cheers1:

lamb 03-19-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslanderFishing (Post 151034)
The new website looks cleaner, but is it possible to see all results on one page instead of having to click to see more results on multiple pages? Overall, much better improvement. Good job!

A number of products displayed in category search is now set to 50, from 20.

Majority of categories will list all products in one page. Fishing Gear and Kayak Accessories are the only exception. There are just too many lil' products, it would be "too heavy" to list them all on one page.

The new gang, do not NOT bookmark the information page. :D
As I am cleaning the pages and re-reading through them, I see so much good dope. It's all there!

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...formation/Page

lamb 03-19-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakMedic (Post 151122)
Looking good guys, I don't remember if you had a mobile/tablet site before

Mobile template is new :cheers1:

Mobile forum interface is coming up too soon.

Some products simply fall in both categories, it's OK. That's subjective stuff

45user 03-19-2013 09:24 PM

Stupid question,
Can I order from kayakfoshingsupplies.com and pick up the items from OEX sunset beach location? Or can I order from online and have the oex install the items for free?
Thank you,

jorluivil 03-19-2013 09:50 PM

How about adding a Sort By drop down tab

Sort By:
Best Selling
Price High to Low
Brand A-Z
Best Selling
Highest Rated