Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Want Fishing Kayak (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29326)

gvtolle 06-13-2016 05:28 PM

Want Fishing Kayak

Hello,
I am totally new to Kayak fishing and I am looking for a 12" Kayak that comes with everything I need to get started. I need one that has the upright seat because I am disabled, I would prefer a Hobie that has the peddles as well. Any suggestions or recommendations would be very helpful. My son does kayak fishing and I'm trying to get involved with it. My budget is somewhat variable for the right setup. Thanks and please contact me. Gary

M4TT 06-13-2016 05:40 PM

I'm not an enthusiast on 12" kayaks but I've heard they're pretty tough to use..

All kidding aside, sounds like you're looking for a Hobie Revo.

jruiz 06-13-2016 06:14 PM

So if your son is already doing it, why doesn't he help his old man? In fact father's day is this weekend, perfect opportunity for kayak fisherman son to hook up kayakless dad.

jorluivil 06-13-2016 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M4TT (Post 263302)
I'm not an enthusiast on 12" kayaks but I've heard they're pretty tough to use..

Ditto on the 12 footer

I've heard more cons than pros on that thing

YakDout 06-13-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M4TT (Post 263302)

+1

a 12 inch kayak seems a little small to me also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baja_Traveler 06-13-2016 07:14 PM

12 foot - upright Vantage seating - Mirage Drive - sounds like a PA 12 is in order.
Depending on the handicap, transport and moving around anything might be an issue on a vehicle roof, so think about a small trailer if required.
The Vantage seat is awesome for bad backs, I can sit in mine all day long where my old scupper pro would cause great pain after only a few hours on the water.

FISH11 06-13-2016 09:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
It is not a Hobie, but I was going to be selling My Jackson Cuda 14. It is not just any Cuda 14, this was the special Cuda 14 made for the Hero's on the Water fundraiser in 2014. I have changed some of the rod holders to Scotty Rocket Launchers because I find them better to hold on when hooking up large fish. There are Scotty mounts added to the kayak for different rod holder locations and flush mount on center of center hatch for either locating the fish finder in the center or putting a rod holder on it. I also changed the fish finder and mounted a Lowrance HDS5 with the transducer mounted trough a supper opening under the seat. I also made a bait tank similar to the OEX bait tank and the pump is mounted through the other supper under the seat. It runs on a 6v battery so it last longer and runs the water a little slower so as not to overwork the bait. Comes with a Warner Shuna carbon shafts paddle, Thermarest lumbar cushion, Backwater hand paddle. Also comes with a Malone no flat wide wheel tire kayak cart. Depending on the fish finder you choose my Elite 4 or the HDS5, both have GPS. The price will be for the package with the the Elite 4 $1100 or with the HDS5 $1300. Sorry I haven't had the time to take pictures to post the for sale add. Just added 3 pictures taken with my phone this morning, showing the stuff on the deck.

YakDout 06-14-2016 07:16 AM

Want Fishing Kayak

Do it right the first time and get a hobie!

King Saba 06-15-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 263331)

x2. Unless you have ADHD then I would suggest a paddling kayak.

PapaDave 06-16-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 263331)

X3

PA12