Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Point Loma kelp beds (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=35865)

Revoguys 10-27-2020 04:31 PM

Point Loma kelp beds

3 Attachment(s)
Went out the other day to Point Loma kelp beds, launched outta shelter island. Sold my Hobie and got a small skiff, first time taking it out. Fishfinder wasn’t working so I just kinda hung around the other private boats fishing and they advised me we were around 150’
Caught an under sized halibut and that was it. Was using live bait from the barge and brought some swimbaits, gulp baits and frozen squid. Ended up biting the frozen squid with a skirt over it on a dropper loop. Other than that conditions were great, just fishing blind but overall lotta fun. Anyway, tight lines & good luck to everyone out there

FISH11 10-27-2020 07:15 PM

Congrats in getting the new (to you) skiff out on the water, Fabian. Fishing success had been a roller coaster must like the water temperature changes happening for weeks. I have been hitting LJ twice per week for the last 3.5 weeks and have missed on being on the water the days the Yellowtail have come out to play, lately. Got to go fishing together soon in the new rides.

Revoguys 10-28-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISH11 (Post 311391)
Congrats in getting the new (to you) skiff out on the water, Fabian. Fishing success had been a roller coaster must like the water temperature changes happening for weeks. I have been hitting LJ twice per week for the last 3.5 weeks and have missed on being on the water the days the Yellowtail have come out to play, lately. Got to go fishing together soon in the new rides.

Thanks Mark, yes been a while since we fished together! Let’s link up and fish LJ, I have a 30 gallon bait tank I can pick up live bait and meet you out there!

SoCalEDC 10-28-2020 09:32 AM

Congrats

Hey dude, thanks for the report and congrats on the new ride :cheers1:

Glad to see you are doing well.

Revoguys 10-28-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalEDC (Post 311395)
Hey dude, thanks for the report and congrats on the new ride :cheers1:

Glad to see you are doing well.

Thanks brotha! I got room for you bud just let me know when you’re down in SD and we can go fish!!

SoCalEDC 10-28-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revoguys (Post 311396)
Thanks brotha! I got room for you bud just let me know when you’re down in SD and we can go fish!!

Will do!

rdahl 10-29-2020 06:28 PM

I like the old school jigmaster!

ratdog 10-30-2020 07:54 AM

Love the jigmaster, still use every time out.

YellowYaket 10-30-2020 06:51 PM

I still fish with the jigmaster on a sabre stroker rod. My dad gave me my setup for Christmas about 30 years ago. Nothing wrong with old school in my opinion!

Revoguys 11-02-2020 01:37 AM

[QUOTE=YellowYaket;311433]I still fish with the jigmaster on a sabre stroker rod. My dad gave me my setup for Christmas about 30 years ago. Nothing wrong with old school in my opinion![/QUOTE

Yup love my jigmaster combo! Never fails me!