Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fishers of Men (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=21244)

dbrogdon5 03-14-2014 08:32 PM

Fishers of Men

Hello BWE,
I have been part of this forum for almost 2 years now sitting back and watching the conversations and relationships that we have all established! We all share this passion for fishing and being on the water but for me it is more than that! this is a time where I can truly see the beauty of Gods creations and all that he has to offer. I would like to start doing a fellowship on the water devotional day where we as men and women, boys and girls, can come together and do what we love.. FISH! and share the word of God.

This is not meant to start any controversy I would just like to see if there would be anyone else interested in this with me.

Matthew 4:19
and He said to them "follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men"

thank you all for taking the time to read and i am looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Tight Lines:reel:

Schmalzy88 03-14-2014 08:44 PM

nice! that sounds awesome! glad to see there are other brothers/sisters in Christ on here

Amish Ed 03-14-2014 10:06 PM

I'm in, if it's a Monday or Tuesday (not very likely).

Big T 03-14-2014 10:13 PM

Matthew 13:3-9

Dannowar 03-14-2014 10:28 PM

Can we keep the religious and political jive talk out please?

Let's treat it like a bar.

45user 03-14-2014 10:38 PM

If this becomes a regular thing I may be able to make it once in a while
Thank you for starting this!

dbrogdon5 03-14-2014 10:41 PM

thank you

as i said i am not looking for controversy, just looking for company that shares the same passion as I have.

Fishwhisperer619 03-14-2014 11:06 PM

I would be interested.

Big T 03-15-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrogdon5 (Post 186164)
as i said i am not looking for controversy, just looking for company that shares the same passion as I have.

You're gonna have to let the controversy roll... cuz it's bound to happen in ANY forum with mixed company. Some will receive it well and some will treat it like the plagues. (pun intended) Just let it fly, sit back and watch.

I love to bring religion up at thanksgiving.... My family is a mix of Christians, Apathetic Agnostics, and Hare Krishnas and omg... we have a couple of JW's!! Oh wait... my wife got disfellowshiped so now she's just a lowly worldly christian like me. Her mom doesn't like me much because of it. LOL

Fiskadoro 03-15-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 186162)

I have a passion for whiskey but not while fishing :cheers1:

jorluivil 03-15-2014 06:59 AM

There's a reason Why many forums prohibit posting threads Where the subject matter is religion or politics. I'm not for or against What you're trying to accomplish but............

dbrogdon5 03-15-2014 07:12 AM

Ok

Thank you to all those who express interest. I will PM all to discuss dates and times that we can possibly make permanent.

Tight lines:reel:

johnnyblaze2009 03-15-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 186162)
Can we keep the religious and political jive talk out please?

Would it be the same had everyone expressed condolences and prayers for a loved one or a friend deceased... Don't try to dissect what religion is to you when it can be much bigger to someone else. Just ignore what you don't feel your a part of. I'm sure you don't poke your nose in every conversation at whatever bar you associate yourself with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big T 03-15-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 186179)
There's a reason Why many forums prohibit posting threads Where the subject matter is religion or politics. I'm not for or against What you're trying to accomplish but............

Oh wow... I didn't know there WERE forums that actually prohibit "religion and politics" threads... Seems lame to me... but I totally understand WHY they would...

Good thing for now that this is just simply a thread on a gathering of like minded spiritual people to be in fellowship OFF the forum... which is nice. Much different than getting on a saying,"Jesus loves you... discuss amongst yourselves..."

Jesus does love you all though.... But everyone else thinks you're an asshole. :doh:

jorluivil 03-15-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big T (Post 186184)
Oh wow... I didn't know there WERE forums that actually prohibit "religion and politics" threads... Seems lame to me... but I totally understand WHY they would...

Good thing for now that this is just simply a thread on a gathering of like minded spiritual people to be in fellowship OFF the forum... which is nice. Much different than getting on a saying,"Jesus loves you... discuss amongst yourselves..."

Jesus does love you all though.... But everyone else thinks you're an asshole. :doh:

Not everyone :D

And great job mixing profanity in with Jesus..........classy.

I guess I made my point

Chuck D 03-15-2014 07:48 AM

I like Jorge:)

nathan 03-15-2014 07:49 AM

I would be interested.

Dannowar 03-15-2014 10:25 AM

I will never stick my nose in a religious topic again

Just don't let Jesus catch you hooping

Leviticus 11:10

:Angel_anim::lobster::eating::evil:

William Novotny 03-15-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 186206)
I will never stick my nose in a religious topic again

Just don't let Jesus catch you hooping

Leviticus 11:10

:Angel_anim::lobster::eating::evil:

That was just awesome

IslanderFishing 03-15-2014 01:10 PM

I'm interested as well. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2