Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Garage Cart for Outback (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=34949)

YakDout 03-11-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba Slayer (Post 305263)
The Photos are straight from the Hobie Owners manual included with each boat...
Upside down is the preferred Hobie storage method and on a couple of sawhorses is perfect.
The alternate approved upright Hobie method is with the cradles with are about $250.

BUT...
:Angel_anim:...off the record...

IMHO...I've stored my Hobie's on the PVC pipes on my trailers for years, covered and outside.
I haven't found any problems with deforming of the hull and it seems to work for me...:cheers1:

Whats the difference between hull cradles and PVC? I dont really get that. Ive been using a rack I lag bolted into the studs with 3" conduit contouring the bottom of my outback hull. I also Never had a problem with deformation even in extreme heat.

igotpron 03-11-2020 05:50 PM

PVC only cost what, 10$ a stick. How is hobie going to make any money on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalEDC 03-12-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 305301)
Whats the difference between hull cradles and PVC? I dont really get that. Ive been using a rack I lag bolted into the studs with 3" conduit contouring the bottom of my outback hull. I also Never had a problem with deformation even in extreme heat.

Not certain but I think the concern is that the different plastics can react to one and other. ABS is *probably* a safer bet (That's the black plastic pipe used for plumbing).

dgarland10 03-14-2020 06:30 PM

Much Thanks!

1 Attachment(s)
What an awesome guy Fishon14 is. He drew up plans for a cart, we met up this morning and went off to Home Depot and Harbor Freight and he built exactly what I was thinking of. Had never met him before, and now I look forward to getting on the water with him. Thanks again!

Fishon14 03-15-2020 09:03 AM

I am glad I was able to help.

YellowYaket 03-15-2020 01:11 PM

Nicely done Fishon14!!! :you_rock:

Saba Slayer 03-15-2020 01:13 PM

Pay it forward...

Good on you Fishon...:cheers1:

igotpron 03-15-2020 01:25 PM

Nice one! Add some plywood to the bottom and now you can add some totes for all the gear you have to store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalEDC 03-18-2020 08:09 AM

Nice, the cart came out great!

TheBentRod 03-18-2020 01:13 PM

cart

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgarland10 (Post 305348)
What an awesome guy Fishon14 is. He drew up plans for a cart, we met up this morning and went off to Home Depot and Harbor Freight and he built exactly what I was thinking of. Had never met him before, and now I look forward to getting on the water with him. Thanks again!

I made one of these before and loved it. I still have the wheels. I may have to make another one. This time with the proper storage dimensions to add the totes on the lower shelf.

Now that I have 4 dang kayaks!