Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A clown and a Gaff don't go well together. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=33114)

wiredantz 06-23-2018 03:40 PM

A clown and a Gaff don't go well together.

[IMG]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GaOGQXt97G0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

bosshoss 06-23-2018 05:08 PM

Took a whoopin on that one !!! 😳

Nice catch !!

MITCHELL 06-23-2018 05:23 PM

A good title next time....

Would be gaff & tail rope.....
Congratulations you got him anyway.

Ggiannig89 06-23-2018 05:28 PM

Nice day of fishing. I always wondered how that was done:reeling: ✅

katchfish 06-23-2018 05:44 PM

Nice catch, I guess:confused:

You should get bitch slapped one more time for not editing:biggrinjester:

1morecast 06-23-2018 07:45 PM

Nice catch. Looked like you were fighting that fish backwards the whole time. Why didn't you reposition your yak?

jorluivil 06-23-2018 09:41 PM

Frank, are you going to add any additional accessories to your kayak? You still have space for a pencil sharpener, a vise, two cement mixers and a Keurig(the fancy one) and let us not forget the solar panels.

Edit: you'll also need to add an atm machine so that you can withdraw money to buy more accessories but make sure its one of those atm's that dispenses $5 bills, those are really cool.

Dannowar 06-24-2018 01:48 AM

you could have left the rod in the holder, loosened your drag and left more leader to have both hands available. that was hard to watch all that awkward rod waving

wiredantz 06-24-2018 06:14 AM

@onemorecast. .... The wind had picked up and wind waves and wind we're against me plus my kayak is 17ft long intially I was chasing after it...

What's not on the video are the first 10 mins when the shark is jumping out of the water zig zag in all directions ...

@ Jorge. I want a toilet

@ danowar ... .. That rod is 15 to 40 fast action rod... And Everytime I brought him to the surface he would go down like a foot ... I kind of felt my rod was at it's limit

My first thresher harvested evwr....
I was Totally unprepared for that fight... Anyways hopped you people enjoyed ... Something to watch anyways

CorvinaLoca 06-24-2018 08:18 AM

thanks

come on guys, give him a break...that is a title of a humble man who can laugh at himself. and he got his fish. i thought it was educational and entertaining. thanks - i got a good laugh. lots of good feedback offered here but nothing compares to the school of hard knocks. for sure, the tail is the business end of a t.

radastaff 06-24-2018 11:42 AM

bet you were thinkin
thats gonna taste good
all the times you licked your lips
heh

i lost my monster yesterday in Goleta

way to go getting yours

P

5-20 06-24-2018 07:13 PM

Congrats on that nice shark!

For the experts, if that fish was bigger, would it be better to gaff it in the head, grab it by the tail and then tail rope the shark. Or do you want to gaff it near the tail and try to control the tail that way?

ultimatejay 06-25-2018 10:59 AM

So many things wrong in this vid lol

jorluivil 06-25-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredantz (Post 294475)
@onemorecast. .... The wind had picked up and wind waves and wind we're against me plus my kayak is 17ft long intially I was chasing after it...

What's not on the video are the first 10 mins when the shark is jumping out of the water zig zag in all directions ...

@ Jorge. I want a toilet

@ danowar ... .. That rod is 15 to 40 fast action rod... And Everytime I brought him to the surface he would go down like a foot ... I kind of felt my rod was at it's limit

My first thresher harvested evwr....
I was Totally unprepared for that fight... Anyways hopped you people enjoyed ... Something to watch anyways

wait!!!

this is the edited version?

TheBentRod 06-25-2018 01:14 PM

congrats!

Nice fish Frank!

wiredantz 06-25-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 294503)
wait!!!

this is the edited version?

I don't carry spare batteries for my Go Pro and leave them on all day long

I turned on the cameras... when I had a chance to do.. the fish was jumping all over the place... .... I was busy trying to keep tension on the line.... reeling my other rods up ... it was just an organized disaster .....

fishnstix 06-25-2018 06:31 PM

an hour for a little pup like that? I would have been to embarrassed to post that vid LOL. Why would anyone fish that area with tackle as light as that?

Dark_Knight_9C1 06-25-2018 07:13 PM

Awesome shark and an entertaining video. When you pulled it up out of the water onto your lap I had to cross my legs and cringed. Definitely an eye opener on the effort to harvest a shark. :you_rock:

TJones 06-26-2018 07:37 AM

heck?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnstix (Post 294526)
an hour for a little pup like that? I would have been to embarrassed to post that vid LOL. Why would anyone fish that area with tackle as light as that?

I thought it was gonna be a 80 - 100 lb range at least? good thing you were on boat and not a 28 " wide kayak. did you add a few more items to the rails lately? well, everyone else is getting in on bashing. good thing I only watched a few minutes of vid. :rolleyes: . congrats .

Tekniks 06-27-2018 07:02 AM

so sick! congrats!