Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Beach Kayak Fishing Guide Wanted (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=13948)

tonydmm2 06-11-2012 12:13 PM

Beach Kayak Fishing Guide Wanted

Hi, I moved back here 2 years ago from Florida, I was pretty good at catching bait with my cast net & then catching the local gamefish: snook, redfish, trout & the occasional flounder.

I'd like to learn how to kayak fish from the beach. Is anyone interested in learning me?

:reel::reel:I tried Dana Point several weeks ago, but it was really choppy with 4 foot swells.

JNAST13ST 06-11-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonydmm2 (Post 121444)
Hi, I moved back here 2 years ago from Florida, I was pretty good at catching bait with my cast net & then catching the local gamefish: snook, redfish, trout & the occasional flounder.

I'd like to learn how to kayak fish from the beach. Is anyone interested in learning me?

:reel::reel:I tried Dana Point several weeks ago, but it was really choppy with 4 foot swells.

If you want there is going to be a few of us launching out of la jolla on Saturday at 0500

oneyedeer 06-11-2012 02:04 PM

"Is anyone interested in learning me?"

that sounds dirty

tonydmm2 06-12-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneyedeer (Post 121452)
"Is anyone interested in learning me?"

that sounds dirty

Thats how the florida good ol boys talked.
Speaking of sounding dirty, oneyedeer?

Amish Ed 06-12-2012 03:24 PM

If you are free on a monday or tuesday you're welcome to join me. I usually fish Dana Pt or Newport.

JoeBeck 06-12-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonydmm2 (Post 121444)
I'd like to learn how to kayak fish from the beach. .

Kayak fishing from the beach is easy. Cast your line out, place it in your kayaks rod holder, and sit down next to the kayak in a beach chair and drink beer until you get a bite! :cheers1:

mtnbykr2 06-12-2012 04:51 PM

I was waitin for that one....roflmao that was totally hesterical
but seriously it is a good idea to get a surf lesson or two, and then practice with your
equipment in the car or at home, to get the feel and see how your yak handles in the surf

JeffB 06-12-2012 05:20 PM

Come on and give the new guy break. You guys know what he is trying to say. I can tell things have been a little slow on this site after seeing the SD halibut report.

Drake 06-12-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBeck (Post 121615)
Kayak fishing from the beach is easy. Cast your line out, place it in your kayaks rod holder, and sit down next to the kayak in a beach chair and drink beer until you get a bite! :cheers1:

:luxhello: