Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Team Lolipop.... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=16774)

ful-rac 01-27-2013 03:20 PM

Team Lolipop....

GOT SPANKED!!!!!!

Nice try lolipop crew! Now accept your punishment! :luxhello::eek:

bus kid 01-27-2013 03:25 PM

I'm just glad that one is over and all made it back safe. who's idea was it again to go out today?

jorluivil 01-27-2013 03:30 PM

We were just waiting for the film crew to show up for the making of The Perfect Storm Part II. They must have been the only ones that were start enough to stay in the harbor.

Drake 01-27-2013 04:34 PM

slobslayer 01-27-2013 04:34 PM

Anybody have pics or a quick report? I had my last test to complete paramedic school so I couldn't go. BTW i passed! Now I'm open to fish!!!!

Drake 01-27-2013 04:38 PM

Had a nice turnout. 20+ boaters showed up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/IMAG2751.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/IMAG2752.jpg

TJones 01-27-2013 05:02 PM

anyone one want to hit it up tomorrow?

the second cell is passing over us now . tomorrow and the later should start to clear. i will keep you posted if the dolphins are biting. :linesnap:

kobra 01-27-2013 05:03 PM

So, who's got the blow by blow details?

jorluivil 01-27-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobra (Post 145828)
So, who's got the blow by blow details?

Based on the way he was sucking on thise lollipops Roby shouod be able to provide that info.

kobra 01-27-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 145829)
Based on the way he was sucking on thise lollipops Roby shouod be able to provide that info.

LOL !!! :cheers1:

Deamon 01-27-2013 05:22 PM

Old schoolers...Gilligan's theme song...

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of fateful trip...that started from this SoCal port, aboard these tiny ships.

The start had 20 yakkers, all brave and tough, these fisherman set sail this day for an 8 hour trip...an 8 hour trip...

the weather was already rough, the ships are getting tossed, if not for the courage of these men, all would be lost, all would be lost...

JarrodMc 01-27-2013 05:25 PM

Sounds like a rough day.. What was caught (or rather not caught)?

StinkyMatt 01-27-2013 05:47 PM

A great day....if a little rough

Met up with the boys around 6am, had our DOUG NUTS and coffee.

Mad scramble to the bait barge for ..........stupid little chovies?!?!?! WTF?

Many people decided not to get bait...since WE were hunting for the BIG one:D:eek:

Went outside and were welcomed by pretty rough "washing machine" conditions. We are stubborn, dedicated and a little nutz so many of us went to Headlands. The smart ones stayed by the beach...

Pretty slow fishing for most of us. Yes, many of us got into a couple Sanbass, calicos and even sculpin.... but not the big ones.

Later in the morning there was a rumor of someone hooking up a WSB......all the kayaks propmptly turned and started haulin arse at the "alleged" fish catcher......:D:mad: Just a rumor..

A few minutes later we hear Roby mumble something about a halibut on the radio. It was really, really hard to understand Roby today....he always sounded like he had somthing in his mouth or was sucking on something....:eek::eek::eek: OH, wait....Roby a long time member of the Sewer crew, decided to become a trader and fished team Lollipop. I guess that explains the treats in his mouth and the messed up speech.;)

Roby did end up catching a very nice 18 pound hali. the only legal Hali for the day.

A half hour later we hear Greg on the radio talking about some T shark he was hooked into. At least half the people started praying instantly...."Please God, let Greg land this fish and let it be bigger than Roby's hali".......

Well, God listens to TEAM SEWER. Greg landed, got video of and promptly released about a 30 pound pup T shark. Ain't taking it home but it gets 30 points!!!!!!!:notworthy:

Now comes the fun part. The almost two hour paddle back in very crappy, windy conditions back. By the time we all got back, we were wiped.

If anyone sees Tony (ful-rack.....ask him what the little lever on his reel is for...)

A quick trip for a bite to eat and on the road we go.

I had a great time, got to fish with some friends and made a few new buddies. Thanks to all that came out.

Stayed tuned for PART 2 LJ in APRIL....WSB time......DRAKE and Team Lollipop promised to deliver an ass whoopin of EPIC proportions.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...psf0cb4406.jpg

Dannowar 01-27-2013 06:00 PM

Man that trip to the headland was br00tal. Nice meeting everyone and may the next event be brimming with trophies. :cheers1:

ful-rac 01-27-2013 06:04 PM

Yeah it was washing machine like conditions....no bait at the receiver...very tough fishing but team sewer managed to pull off the victory!:luxhello:

The darling of bwe....roby...took his pants off and put his panties on and switch hit for team lolipop!:eek: Jorge was not pleased!:mad: punishment coming....well deserved!:luxhello:

In all seriousness, To everybody that made it out today, thanks for coming, hope you guys had a good time! Hopefully our next get together has better weather.....and better fishing.

Ahh one more thing...i think we should let Josh madcrzydm, slide on the punishment he took a bullet for the team literally, hes been punished enough...unless josh would like to face punishment....?

jorluivil 01-27-2013 06:52 PM

Thanks to those that showed up. I know some of you can only get out every blue moon and it sucks when that day happens to have sucky bait, washing machine like conditions, winds that are blowing NE with swells that are moving SE and little to no sunshine. I landed my yak at the launch over 5hrs ago and my knees are still killing me. Props to those of you that paddled out and ignored the conditions, you guys should have been rewarded with big fish, at least our ringer (GregAndrew) was and that was the main reason for Team Sewers win. As for Roby.................he'll get his punishment sooner than later. The only thing I'm afraid of is that he'll like it and ask for more:eek:

GregAndrew 01-27-2013 07:44 PM

Hey Matt, I had a clean catch and release on a Seagull too, where is my point for that? Brutal day OTW, but lots of good company.

roby 01-27-2013 07:53 PM

The day started off great when I decided to join Team Lollipop. I quickly got the Hobie ready and hit the water. I bypassed the anchovies at the bait barge and also decided to not make bait. I fished some plastics on the bottom near the kelp for just one short bass. I then rigged up a hard bait on a three way swivel and covered some areas that looked a bit fishy. I had no luck on the hard bait at all. Later, Mr. Greg Andrews gave us a tip on where we could find some sardines so a few of us quickly moved in to get some. I got a few pieces, changed my set-up, and on my second sardine (trap-rigged) I got my halibut. It was a bit nasty at times out there; I was forunate to land the hali since I almost lost it a couple of times at the gaff.

To my Team Lollipop Brothers we accomplished the mission. We were able to catch the "target" species and more importantly there will be no asterisk near the catch. Thanks for the lollipops Rob and it was a pleasure meeting everyone on the team.

To the "Other" Team and their revenge on me....all I can say is, "Suck It!"

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...psb4b4f4f9.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...psfc87b9ab.jpg

DanaPT 01-27-2013 09:16 PM

i watched you guys in the machine. looked like tough fishing. I would have liked to have fished but couldn't pull it off.

Looking forward to participating at another event/venue.

stupid wind. Yesterday was nice, but foggy.

madncrzydm 01-27-2013 09:59 PM

Hey it was great meeting all you guys and of course i will gladly accept my punishment even though i contributed nothing for points to team lolipop i will be fishing for them again next time and I ensure you i will put up some points at the next meet. Although my fishfinders maiden voyage was today and it shut off and still wont turn back on I will be call Lowrance in the am. Thanks again guys... Until next time