Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AFTER San Quintin Halibut Tourney (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=29284)

makobob 06-08-2016 09:58 AM

AFTER San Quintin Halibut Tourney

San Quintin Tourney Sat June 11.

SUNDAY June 12, O'Dark Thirty, off to Soccorro, Punta Baja or where ever looks best. I have camp stove, cook utensils, pots and pans, paper plates forks and spoons and a folding table.

Each needs to provide meal for all campers, we do dinner as a group and breky and lunch individually.
I will be doing Shrimp Alfredo with Garlic Bread.

I do not have a BBQ grill or charcoal so if you need one bring it. Fire wood would be good too. WE will be BEACH camping, you should bring a comfy chair and maybe a cot, camprite, tent? I have one tarp we can string between two trucks for a little shade.
Sven has a generator for charging electronics and I have some lights. Tight Lines.

Denis_Ruso 06-08-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 262892)

SUNDAY June 12, O'Dark Thirty, off to Soccorro, Punta Baja or where ever looks best. I have camp stove, cook utensils, pots and pans, paper plates forks and spoons and a folding table.

Each needs to provide meal for all campers, we do dinner as a group and breky and lunch individually.

I do not have a BBQ grill or charcoal so if you need one bring it. Fire wood would be good too. WE will be BEACH camping, you should bring a comfy chair and maybe a cot, camprite, tent? I have one tarp we can string between two trucks for a little shade.
Sven has a generator for charging electronics and I have some lights. Tight Lines.

This is a long shot, but is there anyone who's wanted to come down for this but didn't want to drive... I'm considering jumping on this last minute but I want a copilot. (Leaving Early Saturday 11th, Coming back 14 or 15th)

farreola 06-08-2016 11:14 AM

Wish I could go on this trip, but that dang work thing keeps getting in the way!

rossman 06-08-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 262892)

Just left Soccorro. Swell was doable but water seemed a bit green. Tons of red crab. No. Bird or panga activity. Fishing the bay tomorrow and probably Friday.

romspacenut 06-08-2016 01:31 PM

Bob, I'll bring my portable canopy for some extra shade.

Denis_Ruso 06-08-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 262922)
Just left Soccorro. Swell was doable but water seemed a bit green. Tons of red crab. No. Bird or panga activity. Fishing the bay tomorrow and probably Friday.

Any luck at Soccoro? How was the wind out there? I remember the launch being doable but the wind kept me from trying last year.

rossman 06-08-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 262928)
Any luck at Soccoro? How was the wind out there? I remember the launch being doable but the wind kept me from trying last year.

The wind was very reasonable. It has picked up a bit now but still fishable. Did not fish there because of water and appaent bait conditions.

M4TT 06-08-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 262893)
This is a long shot, but is there anyone who's wanted to come down for this but didn't want to drive... I'm considering jumping on this last minute but I want a copilot. (Leaving Early Saturday 11th, Coming back 14 or 15th)

damn. if only i had known a little earlier.

makobob 06-08-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M4TT (Post 262942)
damn. if only i had known a little earlier.

I try to give you guy's months to make your plans, but some always wait until the last minute. I guess it is the way we live our lives. JUST MAKE it happen, you are missing out on some of the best times of YOUR lives. Just look at Rossman as an example. HE LIVES life to it's fullest. Tight Lines.

JUST DO IT!

live your lives.

Deamon 06-08-2016 08:04 PM

Getting pretty excited. I'll bring a burner, Dutch oven, charcoal grill and some firewood. Jim

makobob 06-08-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 262957)
Getting pretty excited. I'll bring a burner, Dutch oven, charcoal grill and some firewood. Jim

Where you going to put it all? in MY truck?

Deamon 06-09-2016 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ready or not, here we come Baja!

rossman 06-09-2016 11:12 AM

Just got off the water in SQ. Nice condition. 6 halibut this morning. One super nice one. One at 26 inches and 4 shorts. Zed is still out with the same kinda numbers.

makobob 06-09-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 263000)
Just got off the water in SQ. Nice condition. 6 halibut this morning. One super nice one. One at 26 inches and 4 shorts. Zed is still out with the same kinda numbers.

NICE, Ross you are the man. What a great example to us all. Keep it up amigo. Jim keep the camera ready to take a picture or two of the truck loaded with 2 PA 14's AND an Outback with all our gear for a week in Baja. 3 guy's, 3 yaks, 3X the fun!!!
Ross where in the bay did you fish?''' Oyster farm to the entrance of bay on far shore or??? Thanks guy's, see you soon.

Deamon 06-09-2016 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Jim Kelley special tri-tip is sealed and being loaded up!

makobob 06-09-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 263027)
The Jim Kelley special tri-tip is sealed and being loaded up!

PRE Marinated toe? YUM. Jim I left room in the cooler, see you tonight, 2 am ish.