Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Live from the BRTF meeting (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6263)

PAL 11-10-2009 08:32 AM

Live from the BRTF meeting

I'm at the BRTF meeting. If you aren't, why not?

For those who couldn't make it or will be coming later, I am planning to cover it in real time via my Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...61000&ref=name

You must be logged onto Facebook to see it. Anyone who can get on is welcome to copy and paste the posts here in this thread.

The portal for the live web stream of the meeting is http://www.cal-span.org/

Send us good vibes - we need them.

tylerdurden 11-10-2009 08:56 AM

Fasten your seatbelts, keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

This is gonna be one hell of a ride.

I am sitting here in the room now and it's almost all fishermen. Nice work guys.

Ocean-Angler 11-10-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerdurden (Post 47008)
Fasten your seatbelts, keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

This is gonna be one hell of a ride.

I am sitting here in the room now and it's almost all fishermen. Nice work guys.

HELL YEA!!!!!
good job tyler
Good job all on all your efforts
Hopign some of the guys I emailed and posted about this on sportfisherman blodydecks etc showed.
sorry I couldt make it, I got no ride and im out here in Norco LOL

tylerdurden 11-10-2009 11:00 AM

Brtf is thinking about sparing pv, and in return Malibu gets thrown under the biggest bus possible.

LJ sucks. 4 is the only option they aren't considering. Gotta try and uncouple the scripps smca from those damn maps.

bender0240 11-10-2009 11:47 AM

Shit. 3 at least seems infinitely better than the other 2. Hope they have mercy.

Ohana 11-10-2009 01:01 PM

Tyler:

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this.

I had planned to be there, but my companies sales group let go of some people in Southern California yesterday afternoon and I had to put together this morning a plan to prevent us from losing business they were calling on that used my product line.

Kevin

Iceman 11-10-2009 02:29 PM

Charles V was attacked this morning by this .............man :D

http://media.southparkstudios.com/me...01_hi_boys.jpg

Gino 11-10-2009 02:40 PM

and who won!? :biggrinjester:

:doh:

JoeBeck 11-10-2009 02:46 PM

Not Charles

dsafety 11-10-2009 02:46 PM

For those who are not following this thing on line, the BRTF is on a break until 3:45. When they return they will be hearing final comments on the motion submitted by one of the members that covers all the proposed closures. For San Diego, the one that has been proposed is Option 2, (not the former Map 2). After the comments, they plan to vote.

Option 2 is not the worst of the the proposed options but is still pretty bad. We get a slightly larger North La Jolla area but all of South La Jolla and a big chunk of North County is closed to fishing for eternity.

This is not yet a done deal but it is close.

Bob

DESTROYER 11-10-2009 02:49 PM

I've been listening to the Meeting while I input schedules and getting ready for tonights banquets. Talk about frustrating. Some of those people make no sense at all. I loved the question about "Good Kelp" and "Bad Kelp". I wish they would have answered it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2!

:cheers1:

Tman 11-10-2009 02:54 PM

Aw $hit Charles...careful, they are known to have no spine...

Just got off the phone with Tyler, Meg is doing her 'let me talk and ramble and kill time so you fishermen don't have enough time to speak since I don't want to hear you anyway' rant...public speaking is just now getting underway according to Tyler.

Guys that made the trek, :notworthy::you_rock:...

I had to take the lad to school this morn, and if public speaking is just now going on I don't think I would've made it back in time to pick him up from after-school...and there was no way I could justify taking him out of school for this since he just had fall break.
Plus I think he has had enough of seeing this nonsense...

Otherwise I would've been there...I know, lame excuse...

Tman 11-10-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsafety (Post 47025)
Option 2 is not the worst of the the proposed options but is still pretty bad. We get a slightly larger North La Jolla area but all of South La Jolla and a big chunk of North County is closed to fishing for eternity.
Bob

Thanks for the update Bob...

Looks like Swamis is done, we can thank Surfwhiners for that. Wonder if they realize they could potentially close Swamis to all, even surfers?:doh::doh::doh:

Don't think it matters, half of them don't surf anyway, esp not that phookin' kook who spouted off...:the_finger:

Ocean-Angler 11-10-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerdurden (Post 47011)
Brtf is thinking about sparing pv, and in return Malibu gets thrown under the biggest bus possible.

LJ sucks. 4 is the only option they aren't considering. Gotta try and uncouple the scripps smca from those damn maps.

so basically, of all the options, on all subregions, they give us the one we want the least..
and of the region we fight for most, they give us our last choice
very fair.
yes.. yes very fair
damn

Wish I coulda made it.. dont know what difference it woulda made..
now that im not on parole, I coulda got in some lamo enviros face and waited for them to do something.. with not bad of reprocussions
eh
laim

dsafety 11-10-2009 03:20 PM

This just in! They have decided to remove the requirement that we only catch our bait at the pier by "dip net". I guess that means that Sabikis are now OK.

More to come.

Bob

dsafety 11-10-2009 03:36 PM

A guy from the DFG Warden's Assn. just got up and said that regardless of what comes out of this thing, they, (the game wardens), will not be able to inforce the regs. They do not have the staff to inforce the current regulations and call this thing a threat to their safety.

Interesting.

Bob

dos ballenas 11-10-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsafety (Post 47025)
North County is closed to fishing for eternity.

:doh:

Iceman 11-10-2009 04:06 PM

blue shirts are disgusted and appalled by the direction.......that is a good thing. :D

dsafety 11-10-2009 04:20 PM

Comments from the little people, (us), are being presented now. Those who support our point of view outnumber the others 3/1. I doubt the BRTF is listening, however. I suspect that their minds are already made up.

One guy raised the ADA card. This is important because many of the proposed closures eliminate access for the handicapped. If someone takes this issue to court, implementation could be delayed for years.

Any attorneys interested in taking this one on?

Bob

Ocean-Angler 11-10-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsafety (Post 47043)
Comments from the little people, (us), are being presented now. Those who support our point of view outnumber the others 3/1. I doubt the BRTF is listening, however. I suspect that their minds are already made up.

One guy raised the ADA card. This is important because many of the proposed closures eliminate access for the handicapped. If someone takes this issue to court, implementation could be delayed for years.

Any attorneys interested in taking this one on?

Bob

thats a DAMN good point, and I saw the guy comment on that on the livepodcast!!!
there will be a MAJOR lawsuit if someone steps up on that....