Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lost Gear 5-29 LJ (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=13797)

wade 05-29-2012 03:54 PM

Lost Gear 5-29 LJ

Let my guard down on the way in & paid the price this afternoon ...
Right in the front..in 5'-10'

Looking to possibly recover my:
Seaguar Premiere 30# & 40# Flouro spools if someone found them today..
Also, I lost (two) 12" hand poured prototype Squid lures.
One is orange color with flake/ 5 oz carolina weights inside
The other, is natural looking color, 1 oz weight inside.
both are rigged with nasty trebles, watch out..:doh:
& to make matters worse, I busted in half almost all of my good rods/quiver, camera..
Ill probably be outta commission for some time now..
(probably lost & broke more, but i haven't done a full inventory yet..)

Thanks

Mr. Adventure 05-29-2012 04:10 PM

Ouch man, that's rough

Badtaste2k 05-29-2012 04:19 PM

That sucks Wade. I hope some of the La Jolla crew can help you out.

Good Luck and don't let it get you down!

Dan

kobra 05-29-2012 04:31 PM

Major bummer Wade. Sorry to hear that.:mad:

jorluivil 05-29-2012 04:32 PM

The wonderful world of kayak fishing. good luck getting your gear back.

SingingChef 05-29-2012 04:35 PM

I think I saw you flip, that sucked being so close I heard the rods snap, and was like, shit!. I was the skinny guy with the tattoos. I was looking for anything visible, but didn't see anything pop up. That surf got me and my buddy too, but I only lost a small box of hooks and weights and a couple of walkie talkies. Hope you find some of your stuff, and maybe see you out there sometime. Aaron

mtnbykr2 05-29-2012 04:49 PM

Sorry to hear that...sounds like my last yard sale when I accidently left my rudder down...next thing I knew I was in the drink, hopefully someone will return what is found...

slobslayer 05-29-2012 04:57 PM

Dang that hurts sorry to hear that. I'm no longer taking any chances with the rods up. How do you guys store rods if you can't put them down below?

da22y 05-29-2012 05:08 PM

Always sorry to know someone lost their gears.
I had my share of lost gear in the past.

In surf landing , I prepared myself as I will flip for sure.
If I am not flipped, it was my lucky day ! ( most of the time I am lucky)

Hope you find your gears !

fknricter 05-29-2012 05:33 PM

sucks.... sorry to hear,, :doh:

dorado50 05-29-2012 05:39 PM

What are you riding these days Wade? The surf was pretty minimal today. That wsb must of overloaded your starboard side! I'll look for your stuff tomorrow am...

wade 05-29-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 120019)
What are you riding these days Wade? The surf was pretty minimal today. That wsb must of overloaded your starboard side! I'll look for your stuff tomorrow am...

PA 14. Just getting used to it along with my lame shoulder.
I made it on all the way in, just into the black wall, and hopped out ..
I tried to grab the back handle and just superman it the rest of the way right after I stowed the mirage drive & rudder,...
then a nice solid open one took it, flipped it & said bye bye before I could even grab her?!..that hull can sure move..... :doh:

Azbasskilla 05-29-2012 07:40 PM

You got to ride that baby in

StinkyMatt 05-29-2012 08:07 PM

That sucks Wade. The fishing is too good to be taking time off right now. I don't own fancy gear but you are welcome to a couple rods till you get replacements. Don't have much reel wise that I would not be embarrassed to show. Let me know.

yakrider 05-29-2012 08:30 PM

ouch...
I feel your pain!!!
CRAP!

sharonkayak 05-29-2012 10:50 PM

Its never good to break gear unless its a fish responsible, even that is not a happy ending.

If it makes you feel any better. I cant go fish either, since my truck got hit parked outside my house on memorial day.

dwntwnall4u 05-30-2012 03:52 AM

Sorry for the lost n broken stuff. Was out there too but came in earlier than you. There definitely were a few big waves mixed in yesterday.

PapaDave 05-30-2012 09:38 AM

Wade, I have a PA14 and flipped it yesterday as well. I actually could have avoided it, was trying out the idea of coming in backwards, facing the waves. Worked pretty good until I thought I'd be clever and try to turn around in between a set. Sorry to hear about the loss, LJ sure has a high price tag for fishing there. And if anyone is out there looking and find a pair of persciption sunglasses and a VHF radio, give me holler.

wade 05-30-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDCh (Post 120112)
Wade, I have a PA14 and flipped it yesterday as well. I actually could have avoided it, was trying out the idea of coming in backwards, facing the waves. Worked pretty good until I thought I'd be clever and try to turn around in between a set. Sorry to hear about the loss, LJ sure has a high price tag for fishing there. And if anyone is out there looking and find a pair of persciption sunglasses and a VHF radio, give me holler.

HA! I thought that was you?...:doh:
I was the ONLY guy who jumped in after you, and picked up all the crap I could and gave it back to you..hat, lures, bobbers,tackle box,ect..
All the kayak anglers on the beach just sat,watched and laughed at mine & your slam?!...WTF?:the_finger:

When you see a fellow plastic fishing brother bail, lend a hand and help grab whatever ya can..I probably could have avoided my rods getting snapped if someone stopped my upside down freight train from running aground..

*(Note to self: The PA14 has horizontal rod holders. 6 to be exact.. )*
& thats 2 more than I even needed!?
..Double :doh: :doh:

Drake 05-30-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 120128)
HA! I thought that was you?...:doh:
I was the ONLY guy who jumped in after you, and picked up all the crap I could and gave it back to you..hat, lures, bobbers,tackle box,ect..
All the kayak anglers on the beach just sat,watched and laughed at mine & your slam?!...WTF?:the_finger:

When you see a fellow plastic fishing brother bail, lend a hand and help grab whatever ya can..I probably could have avoided my rods getting snapped if someone stopped my upside down freight train from running aground..

*(Note to self: The PA14 has horizontal rod holders. 6 to be exact.. )*
& thats 2 more than I even needed!?
..Double :doh: :doh:

Sorry to hear Wade. I'll be out tommorow and I'll look for everything I can.

I ALWAYS ALWAYS put my rods in my horizontal holder. It takes 2 seconds and gives me assurance. They make horrizontal holders for the Revo and Outback, have you looked into them?