Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kings Harbor Hand Launch (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=35894)

socal.beach.bum 11-12-2020 12:00 PM

Kings Harbor Hand Launch

Heard that they are closing it down for repair. Anyone have insider information as to how long it will be down?

45user 11-12-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socal.beach.bum (Post 311584)
Heard that they are closing it down for repair. Anyone have insider information as to how long it will be down?

Closing until next March. Website says to use temp dock by boat hoist. No idea if you have to pay but boat hoist is only open until 5pm or so. Not sure if you can launch before them closing for the day but use it on the way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregAndrew 11-12-2020 02:02 PM

Supposed to close on Monday. The dock by the boat hoist is tricky to get down to with a kayak. PAs have to be carried all the way down the ramp, after negotiating the gate at the top.

socal.beach.bum 11-12-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregAndrew (Post 311587)
Supposed to close on Monday. The dock by the boat hoist is tricky to get down to with a kayak. PAs have to be carried all the way down the ramp, after negotiating the gate at the top.

Are you sure it’s Monday? Was recently told they would close it this Saturday. If it’s Monday I guess I will need to haul my PA down there for one last trip this Sunday before they close it off.

hiramehunter 11-12-2020 03:51 PM

The sign says closing Nov 16 Monday. Ugh!!

45user 11-12-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregAndrew (Post 311587)

That’s sucks! I have an outback but my friend has PA14...I was hoping to get access somehow but it maybe too difficult to get out after it closes.

ajcm648 11-12-2020 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope it’s not closed yet was gonna try to make it out this Sunday to Palawan. Got this guy my first time out after Halloween.

socal.beach.bum 11-13-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajcm648 (Post 311597)
I hope it’s not closed yet was gonna try to make it out this Sunday to Palawan. Got this guy my first time out after Halloween.

Was out this morning, and they have started setting up the construction site, even saw they cutting up some boards, but you should be okay for Sunday.

ajcm648 11-13-2020 01:20 PM

Sweet. I will be out there Sunday if anyone wants to meet up.

deptrai 11-13-2020 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's only one king.

45user 11-17-2020 09:50 AM

So now the handlaunch is closed and I took a look at boat hoist area and it’s really narrow and steep. Anyone have secret spot to launch from king harbor/redondo beach area you’d like to share? :reel::reel:;)

jorluivil 11-17-2020 11:09 AM

That's normal for this time of year.

The launch by the boat hoist is a good alternative. If you have an outback or smaller type kayak you can carry it down yourself. However, if you have a PA bring mom, dad and the kids so they can help you carry down and back up when you're done for the day.

Saba Slayer 11-17-2020 02:15 PM

Launch

4 Attachment(s)
So Sad...:eek:...but that dock was in need of some TLC...the screw heads were starting to show and they were getting their share of plastic...
That’s a tough turn for a Pro Angler or any of the other big boats...:mad:
And with this king tide it’s a steep hill at low tide :cheers1:
$18 to get hoisted in...and out...:rolleyes: + $4 parking...

45user 11-17-2020 03:35 PM

I don’t mind paying for the hoist but the times are limited to their business hours. Guess no more night time hooping and bass fishing for a while...

Mike_J 11-20-2020 04:15 PM

Anyone been out to Redondo post closure of the hand launch?
Any advice on how to launch a PA there?

GregAndrew 11-20-2020 06:53 PM

Hoist, or bring a friend to help you carry it to the alternate dock. Or bring a long roll of artificial turf to lay across the rocks at the normal launch area.

45user 12-27-2020 07:59 AM

My buddy and I went out last Saturday with his pa 14 and my outback. With 2 people it wasn’t too bad. You can park your car right next to the ramp and carry your yaks down and up. Pa 14 was little tough but very doable. Ramp is short but little slick so be careful. I guess up to an outback you can do it yourself if you go alone. Got some hooping done that night along with some bass actions and a lone sheephead.