Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Time for another spearo/kayakfishermen powwow? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=5969)

zenspearo 09-14-2009 06:14 PM

Time for another spearo/kayakfishermen powwow?

Guys & gals.

In an all out push for attendance for the Oct. 20-22 BRTF meeting, how about another spearo/kayak get-together. Kayakfishermen and spearos have been leading this fight down to the finish line and I have a feeling it's gonna be up to us again or it'll be bloody

We all don't want to see a repeat of BRTF Bloody Tuesday 7/28--something I fear if we don't hop on it and start thinking out of the box. Our people have job, family, and this has been a long road. But we have no choice..have to show up.

I propose next Friday evening Sept. 25 from 7-9PM. My house again in Poway (I would propose a restaurant but I don't like discussing strategy in public view) if you all are amenable. Bring a potluck dish for one and let's work again!

Agenda: Carpool, phone calls, roll calls, motivation tools, speaking points, color coordination, clothing coordination, etc... We also likely have Round 3 maps by then and let's discuss writing in by the Oct. 10th comment deadline.

P.S. I have six signups already from SD Freedivers (I just sent out the email) to go to the Oct. meeting...

If we meet Friday night, we all can still go fishing/diving on Saturday and Sunday...

Thoughts?

zenspearo 09-14-2009 06:46 PM

By the way, let's be circumspect about discussing strategy in public view, including on this forum.

On spearboard, where I'm a moderator, we have 400% increase over daily average in lurkers since the conclusion of the Sept 10/11 RSG meeting. :eek: We are still running 300% to 400% of average. Never seen it in all my time moderating there.

Words are the other side wants to make sure they can do a repeat of Bloody Tuesday 7/28 with the BRTF and we have to make sure we don't get bloodied again and, dare I say it, prevail.

NOTHING IS SAFE!!!

esdees 09-14-2009 08:58 PM

I'm in.

tylerdurden 09-15-2009 08:20 AM

I'm in again.

comrad_zeelaagee 09-15-2009 08:46 AM

How 'bout we do this at MARTIN GARRICK'S office between the 21st and 24th- let me know the date and I'll set up the time.:)

Andy

Tman 09-15-2009 09:05 AM

IN...will bring the Fishcatcher too...if that's OK...:D

zenspearo 09-15-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tman (Post 44446)
IN...will bring the Fishcatcher too...if that's OK...:D

I would insist :D

Andy: I'm still mulling over how to work with the Assemblyman. Anyone has any good idea?

so cal shaggy 09-15-2009 11:58 AM

Joe, would you like me to cross post this in another kayak fishing forum?

zenspearo 09-15-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by so cal shaggy (Post 44466)
Joe, would you like me to cross post this in another kayak fishing forum?

Yes please. I've posted on baytubers but more would be good.

Thanks Jeff.

zenspearo 09-15-2009 12:01 PM

Whoo hoo...14 from SD Freedivers. And we barely started.

Rollcall soon Kayakers? You guys motivated spearos the last time, I'm repaying the favor :cheers1:

And Chris Fierro--come Friday to collect your beer.

The sooner we get names and commitments, the better we can plan and coordinate.

Spearboard rollcall will be following soon.

so cal shaggy 09-15-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenspearo (Post 44467)
Yes please. I've posted on baytubers but more would be good.

Thanks Jeff.

Done