Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   On the road again... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=13959)

Aaron&Julie 06-11-2012 11:29 PM

On the road again...

Too bad the SD Bay wide open halibut bite thread got closed. It was the only thing this website had going, other than Czar catching his 1st yellowtail on a kayak, last week.
What else does this website and it's members (other than a few) have going for it, except the 1st timer catching his 1st big three (hali, WSB, YT), or advertising how good Josh is at putting people on fish, no insult intended.
There obviously aren't any quality fish being caught off of La Jolla. But, if there are, this isn't the place to find out about it. We like the administrators, but the value of a website like this is the quality and integrity of those that post on it. We don't hold anything back, and try to post in a timely manner. That aspect is long gone here, unless you're drumming up business, or caught your 1st fish of this or that.
Things change, people worry that 5 or 10 more kayakers out there, plus lurking PBers, etc will hurt your chances the next time you go. So mum's the word. To each their own.
For those in the loop, kudos to you. You'll probably get your picture in WON, often. Fortunately, we have a freezer loaded, and it always will be, with or without fish-finders, peddlers, PMs or timely reports.
It would've been nice if the good old days would've remained.

La Jolla is a jewel, she rewards the just.

-scallywag- 06-12-2012 05:45 AM

I don't get it.....didn't u just flame some guy who posted a timely report, along with what he was using to catch them and where??

You complain about no reports, and how useless this site is without them, then in the next sentence start bragging about full freezers, and how you don't need reports, peddles or fishfinders to catch fish? :notworthy:

Last time i checked this was not "fishdope" if you need timely reports why not subscribe to a service that is designed for the couch fisherman? It's out there and available to you....use it!!! Better yet why don't you subscribe then pass all that info you paid for on to us for free?:luxhello:

thanks for the report:D

driftwood 06-12-2012 06:39 AM

Notice what he said " freezer loaded" loaded with what?
TV dinners, bait, pizza? BTW, today is the perfect day to go out!

It's the middle of June - the best time to fish for YT!!
Do you really need some fish dope to tell you that? Com'n now!
What the hell are you doing sitting on the couch and complaining?

I guarantee someone will hook up a YT today!! And it won't be you!
Too bad!

maui jim 06-12-2012 06:55 AM

My freezer full of Wild Pig, Venison, Turkey, and Fish....:D
All out of quail and dove....:(... and some beef...:cool: oh....and some Mallard Pintail and Gadwall, all out of Snowgeese
and my sons BBQ Hot Pockets :ack2:

Sounds like BBQ time...:luxhello:

Trying to make LJ on Wed am.

sharonkayak 06-12-2012 07:15 AM

sounds like someone needs to subscribe to the mens menstration league

Iceman 06-12-2012 07:39 AM

Subscribe to the simple philosophy in life of "leave this a better place than had you never been here" :D

dos ballenas 06-12-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 121551)
Too bad!

:D Damn straight!

Report as of 06-11-2012

<table align="center" bgcolor="#000000" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="650"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td width="40">New Seaforth</td><td width="40">1/2 Day PM</td><td align="center" width="25">37</td><td width="312">1 California Yellowtail, 3 California Sheephead, 3 California Scorpionfish, 1 Barred Sand Bass, 27 Rockfish, 49 Kelp Bass, 5 California Barracuda</td></tr></tbody></table>
Hey Aaron, if you really want to catch a yellowtail you can always get on the New Seaforth hahahahaha!

DESTROYER 06-12-2012 10:39 AM

Aaron- A lot of these newbies don't know you well, hence the reason they took your post the wrong way. You and Julie have been on your fair share of bites and I know what you ask of. It's not the same my friend as it used to be. You have to be in the know or be lucky enough to get a Facebook message. But really it doesn't matter. I for one don't care any longer about reports though it is cool to read them or see pictures of large WSB or YT. I simply just go fish when I want to and these days it is mostly for Calico, Sand or Spotted Bay Bass. I'm not a big fish quitter, but I am now on the journy to catch a double digit Calico. We have a saying within my Bass Friend circle, "Go be a Pioneer and create your own report".

For those who don't know Aaron, don't be cruel. Sometimes(most times) when you write on the internet it does not come across as you mean it. I've been there a few hundred times as you have I'm sure.

For those of you who are in the know, it cycles. Life twists and turns and soon you will be on the outside looking in and there will be a newbie posting a 5 limit of huge YT weeks after the bite and you will be asking yourself, Where was I?

Be kind, go fish!

Matt Moyer

carbonbass 06-12-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESTROYER (Post 121577)
Aaron- A lot of these newbies don't know you well, hence the reason they took your post the wrong way. You and Julie have been on your fair share of bites and I know what you ask of. It's not the same my friend as it used to be. You have to be in the know or be lucky enough to get a Facebook message. But really it doesn't matter. I for one don't care any longer about reports though it is cool to read them or see pictures of large WSB or YT. I simply just go fish when I want to and these days it is mostly for Calico, Sand or Spotted Bay Bass. I'm not a big fish quitter, but I am now on the journy to catch a double digit Calico. We have a saying within my Bass Friend circle, "Go be a Pioneer and create your own report".

For those who don't know Aaron, don't be cruel. Sometimes(most times) when you write on the internet it does not come across as you mean it. I've been there a few hundred times as you have I'm sure.

For those of you who are in the know, it cycles. Life twists and turns and soon you will be on the outside looking in and there will be a newbie posting a 5 limit of huge YT weeks after the bite and you will be asking yourself, Where was I?

Be kind, go fish!

Matt Moyer

Well said

kareem korn 06-12-2012 01:20 PM

You guys really think alot of yourselves. :cool:

Carry on.

Drake 06-12-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 121551)

Too bad!

I was one of two Kayaks on the water today between 6am and 1pm. Yellow tails were caught, where were the rest of you?

Yakin 06-12-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 121595)
I was one of two Kayaks on the water today between 6am and 1pm. Yellow tails were caught, where were the rest of you?

Wish I could have joined!

driftwood 06-12-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

No need to kill anymore of those poor little YT. "my freezer is loaded"

Drake 06-12-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 121599)
No need to kill anymore of those poor little YT. "my freezer is loaded"

Sadly Iw asn't the one who did the catching. The only thing that stings more than not catching a fat YT is watching more than 1 be caught less than 50yds away

JNAST13ST 06-12-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 121602)
Sadly Iw asn't the one who did the catching. The only thing that stings more than not catching a fat YT is watching more than 1 be caught less than 50yds away

$%^ that sucks I'm still at work tho so lol

Deamon 06-12-2012 05:06 PM

Your point was not lost A&J. I've appreciated all of your info and support since jumping in a yak. :cheers1:

bus kid 06-13-2012 09:22 AM

thats a shame, all the fish must have the summer off, because they are not up here either.

mtnbykr2 06-13-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Doin the nasty....working, hopefully they will still be there this weekend...

blitzburgh 06-13-2012 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Insert distraction here :D

mtnbykr2 06-13-2012 10:53 AM

nice distraction....:D