Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   First time to la Jolla today (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=18573)

Fishtraker 06-22-2013 03:21 PM

First time to la Jolla today

Well met a fellow kayaker from the here this morning around 5am. Got on the water around 600. First beach launch was a success! Paddled for about a mile to the north kelp. Couldn't make bait at all with the exception for a few lizard fish which I sent to the bottom on a butt rig. Hooked up on something massive around 0900. It ended up getting off. Didn't have any more luck all day. Ended up calling it around 1030. Beach landing was a success. All in all a good morning with a new friend.

bad brady 06-22-2013 03:53 PM

It nice meeting you bro. I didn't do any better got two Mack's and trolled em around for nothing. The lizard fish got me a few sand dabs but I let em go. Hit me up if you wanna go out again.

Fishtraker 06-22-2013 03:59 PM

Yea I was talking to one of the kayak rental guys up on the shore. He said we missed the yt and wsb by about 3 days. The water was below 18 c today which made them move deeper to conserve energy.

Whizz Bang 06-22-2013 06:40 PM

You mean the rental guys who pretend like they have a clue?

Ok, really I am not back on this forum, think of this as a guest appearance.

Welcome to LJ! Welcome to the forum!

Now, NEVER get your intel from a guy who paddles tourists to the cove and back.... they come up to us when they have clients and pretend to be keyed into what we do, they sound ridiculous and know jack-all.. but the tourists from wherever think they sound really keyed in, it helps in the tip department. Instead, might I recommend that you look for the guy who has more rods than you do, a better finder than you do, and a YT strapped to his stern.....talk to him he can probably cue you in. Probably.

The fish are on the surface. You WILL not get one (YT) with a goddamn lizard fish...probably. Most likely. Yeah, no. I am like 90% sure. Maybe more... I am like 95% sure. My guess is that your lizard fish got slammed by a halibut or sandy.

Summer= Find a mac, drag a mac. Not the Spanish kind, they are lazy. Look for the tiger stripes. And please, leave the lizard fish for someone else.

Dannowar 06-22-2013 07:40 PM

This ^

Sully1 06-22-2013 07:42 PM

check out the "why didn't I think of this before" thread

Fishtraker 06-22-2013 08:52 PM

Thanks for the I tell guys, hopefully I land one next time

bad brady 06-22-2013 08:59 PM

I'm pretty sure he wasn't expecting to catch any yellows with lizards.

Dannowar 06-22-2013 10:10 PM

I dunno. After the cut smelt bite of February anything can happen...

Drake 06-23-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 160904)
I dunno. After the cut smelt bite of February anything can happen...

:p:p:p:p

467echo 06-23-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whizz Bang (Post 160890)
Ok, really I am not back on this forum, think of this as a guest appearance.

And never ever ever take advice from some guest appearance:D:D

Whizz Bang 06-24-2013 11:38 AM

Damn. You make a good point Eric. Now go tow some soccer mom's only means of conveyance.:D