Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MLPA DFG Commission meeting: March 3rd!!!!! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6721)

Holy Mackerel 02-09-2010 08:02 AM

MLPA DFG Commission meeting: March 3rd!!!!!

The next round of MLPA DFG Commission meeting for public comment will be held on March 3<SUP>rd</SUP>.

Of course we do not have the specific details, but it will be in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/ /><st1:City alt=</st1:City>Upland, <st1:State w:st="on">Ontario</st1:State></ST1:p. Since most meetings will likely be in Sacramento<ST1:p, let’s get the numbers to attend this meeting close to home.

We need ceded time, and speakers! If this meeting is anything like the first, it will take 15 cards to cede time towards one speaker.
<O:p
More specific details of time, agenda, and address will be provided once they are received. Here is the general link, for general info.
<O:p</O:p
http://www.fgc.ca.gov/meetings/2010/2010mtgs.asp
<O:p</O:p
Who will continue to fight for our fishing rights?

1. Chris
2. ??????

FISHIONADO 02-09-2010 08:36 AM

I'm in for the fight, count me in.

Iceman 02-09-2010 09:32 AM

50 miles in land and opening day for Fred Hall Long Beach........do ya think they planned it this way?! I am committed to working Fred Hall that day but would like to offer up free passes (and a beer on Brent!) for those that represent at the meeting and want to stop by, that is a long drive and what better place to go after. PM me for my cell phone # if you want in.

emrliquidlife 02-09-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 51311)
50 miles in land and opening day for Fred Hall Long Beach........do ya think they planned it this way?! I am committed to working Fred Hall that day but would like to offer up free passes (and a beer on Brent!) for those that show up and want to stop by, that is a long drive and what better place to go after. PM me for my cell phone # if you want in.

Andy, I'll take you up on that offer!

Ed

Matt 02-09-2010 09:37 AM

I'll be there for yet another lovely meeting with my pals in blue shirts!!!:biggrinjester:

WahooUSMA 02-09-2010 10:32 AM

In!

teto116 02-09-2010 01:04 PM

im in!

a looong ride, but ill be there to cede time to anyone representing!

PAL 02-09-2010 07:09 PM

You know I'll be there, right through to the bitter end. I know its tough, but we wouldn't ask you turn out if it didn't make a difference. You can't always see it, but its there.

Tman 02-09-2010 07:27 PM

This whole stuff has got me crazy...

I...can't sleep at night...wonder where I can get fish...voices inside my head...Neptune speaking to me...goals and dreams I've worked so hard on, set to vanish at the blink of an eye...what is my recourse...should I listen to the voices...oh, those voices...must maintain...yet I must remain calm, logical...yet those voices persist...

Yet still I wonder, the elder fish also ponder, why don't they address the water quality issue first, deal with the runoff, create fish friendly habitats, limit take, find ways to make sure all persons are abiding by the rules designated to promote optimum growth for our denizens, and find ways to enforce said rules?

Oh, those dang voices...now I see little fishies, asking the same thing, over and over again...make the water clean again, make it so...so many questions...why must you make it so easy for us to get caught in nets, yet you chastise the people that care about us the most?

dgax65 02-09-2010 09:10 PM

I'll be there.

Hunters Pa 02-10-2010 04:55 AM

Working on it.

Will there be a booth to man at the show again this year?

PAL 02-10-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Will there be a booth to man at the show again this year?
Thanks for asking. No, there won't be a KFACA Hall Show booth this year.

T-Rex 02-10-2010 10:23 AM

I'm going to try to make it. Anybody know the time? I didn't see it posted on the fgc website.

IntrntFshrman 02-10-2010 12:38 PM

I live right there in Rancho Cucamonga and will be there. I can give my time to speak to anybody that we deem should have it.

Holy Mackerel 02-10-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Rex (Post 51359)
Anybody know the time? I didn't see it posted on the fgc website.

There has not been a time announced, stay tuned, we'll post it as soon it is confirmed.

JoeBeck 02-10-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tman (Post 51328)
Yet still I wonder, the elder fish also ponder, why don't they address the water quality issue first, deal with the runoff, create fish friendly habitats, limit take, find ways to make sure all persons are abiding by the rules designated to promote optimum growth for our denizens, and find ways to enforce said rules?

That would make too much sense, you can't take over the state and have it make sense. :doh:

wmbeusch 02-11-2010 11:08 PM

Hi all I'm new to this but if you need bodys I'll be there.:leaving:

Holy Mackerel 02-12-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmbeusch (Post 51478)
Hi all I'm new to this but if you need bodys I'll be there.:leaving:

yes, we need the kayak nation there, and to see this process through to the end.

thanks for committing to attend.

lamb 02-12-2010 11:12 AM

Chris, I got it on my calendar, I should be able to make it.

wmbeusch 02-13-2010 06:13 PM

ICEMAN I want in but I do not know how to PM you? and I will buy you a beer!!!! Wild man:cheers1: