Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   03/19/16 Monthly Halibut Tournament - Cabrillo Beach (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28353)

theluckypig 02-23-2016 11:15 AM

03/19/16 Monthly Halibut Tournament - Cabrillo Beach

hey all, baytubers are having a monthly MBF $5 halibut tournament at cabrillo beach... saturday, march 19th, 6am to 1pm, all are welcome!

check it out at: baytubers.com

octico 02-23-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theluckypig (Post 254336)
hey all, baytubers are having a monthly MBF $5 halibut tournament at cabrillo beach... saturday, march 19th, 6am to 1pm, all are welcome!

check it out at: baytubers.com

This sounds like fun!

theluckypig 02-24-2016 08:51 AM

the legendary team sewer's origins... :D and btw, the tournament is on saturday (intentionally), which makes a post-tournament trip to Busybee highly likely...:drool5:

theluckypig 03-01-2016 08:52 AM

...for the newer folks, if you've ever wanted to learn about halibut fishing from a kayak... these are the guys... :reel:

see you there...

socal.beach.bum 03-01-2016 08:57 AM

I'm up the street from Cabrillo so no real excuse to miss it....sounds fun

Fish Taco 03-01-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theluckypig (Post 254830)
...for the newer folks, if you've ever wanted to learn about halibut fishing from a kayak... these are the guys... :reel:

see you there...

I am still rather new to the area and would love to learn how to target butts at Cabrillo... unfortunately, I use a BassYaks motor on my yak and reading the Baytubers rules, that disqualifies me from joining the tournament. Personally, I don't care about winning anything, I just want to learn the ins and outs of fishing for halibut in this area, and would love to pick up some tips from "the guys". I'll be glad to throw my $5 in the pot just to tag along and learn... Let me know if that is something that might be considered... Thanks! :)

Hunters Pa 03-01-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Taco (Post 254852)
I am still rather new to the area and would love to learn how to target butts at Cabrillo... unfortunately, I use a BassYaks motor on my yak and reading the Baytubers rules, that disqualifies me from joining the tournament. Personally, I don't care about winning anything, I just want to learn the ins and outs of fishing for halibut in this area, and would love to pick up some tips from "the guys". I'll be glad to throw my $5 in the pot just to tag along and learn... Let me know if that is something that might be considered... Thanks! :)

Show up and fish. So what if you are not officially part of the mbf. Be ready to be given some crap about the motor, then smile and wave as you pass everyone heading into the wind while returning to the launch

cris 03-01-2016 03:34 PM

I'm out of town this weekend, but I will join in the future. Love the low key vibe. Will gladly donate a couple of sixpacks/breakfast burritos/ bad jokes for anyone willing to show a newbie the ropes.

Is there a date set for April?

theluckypig 03-02-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Taco (Post 254852)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunters Pa (Post 254853)
Show up and fish. So what if you are not officially part of the mbf. Be ready to be given some crap about the motor, then smile and wave as you pass everyone heading into the wind while returning to the launch

Quote:

Originally Posted by cris (Post 254854)
I'm out of town this weekend, but I will join in the future. Love the low key vibe. Will gladly donate a couple of sixpacks/breakfast burritos/ bad jokes for anyone willing to show a newbie the ropes.

Is there a date set for April?

the tournament rules are pretty standard kayak fishing rules... and a motor would disqualify you from the $5 mbf winnings, but the point is to fish with friends, learn, and have fun... just like hunters pa said, come out and enjoy fishing with us.

the tournament is not this weekend (fred hall show), but next weekend...

the winner of the march tournament decides the date and location of the april tournament...

octico 03-02-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theluckypig (Post 254879)
the tournament rules are pretty standard kayak fishing rules... and a motor would disqualify you from the $5 mbf winnings, but the point is to fish with friends, learn, and have fun... just like hunters pa said, come out and enjoy fishing with us.

the tournament is not this weekend (fred hall show), but next weekend...

the winner of the march tournament decides the date and location of the april tournament...

You mean two weeks from this weekend? Next weekend is the 9th, your original post is the 19th :confused:

jruiz 03-02-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 254884)
You mean two weeks from this weekend? Next weekend is the 9th, your original post is the 19th :confused:

It's the 19th, saturday

theluckypig 03-02-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jruiz (Post 254885)
It's the 19th, saturday

that's what i mean...

PapaDave 03-02-2016 09:29 AM

Where do you guys normally launch from?

jruiz 03-02-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDave (Post 254890)
Where do you guys normally launch from?

Most will launch from the boat ramp. Check in and weigh in will most likely be the row of parking spots next to the trailer parking.

theluckypig 03-02-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jruiz (Post 254893)
Most will launch from the boat ramp. Check in and weigh in will most likely be the row of parking spots next to the trailer parking.

yup, that's how we do it... :reeling:

theluckypig 03-03-2016 06:54 AM

the legendary TEAM SEWER :luxhello::notworthy::boxing_smiley::confused: will be present at the SEWER for the $5 MBF March tournament! better bring your best game and some thick skin... the radio chatter alone will be worth the price of admission...

Fish Taco 03-03-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theluckypig (Post 254879)

Thanks! Count me in!

rossman 03-04-2016 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 18385

Just go ahead and give your money to Theluckypig at the launch. It will save a lot of time after the tourney.

theluckypig 03-04-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 255047)
Attachment 18385

Just go ahead and give your money to Theluckypig at the launch. It will save a lot of time after the tourney.

i like a little stirring of the pot...:D

i wish you could make it rossman... but the "sewer" vs. baja..? BAJA WINS!!! :cheers1: hope to see you down there again ASAP!!! :cheers1:

theluckypig 03-09-2016 11:01 AM

butt bump..!