Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Wach your toes! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=2176)

ski 06-17-2007 01:23 PM

Wach your toes!

1 Attachment(s)
Late report for 6/16:turtle:
Did a marathon fish-athon, launching @ around 6am, and back on the beach around 7pm. I checked my GPS and it says I did 13 miles:paddleersmilie: I had one group of:yt: explode about 10 yds over my right shoulder, but it turns out they were chasing a couple of greenies that were not attached to my hooks:doh:They quickly disappeared as fast as they came. Other than a few slashed baits from cudas, nothing of the right kind for me.
Oh, one other thing! If you drag a bait tube, watch out for the little makos that come up and try to eat it:eek: I had one pay me a visit and he kept on swimming under me knocking the bottom of my boat where my transducer is, and then swim to my bait tube and start chewing on it. finally he grabbed the rope that connects the bait tube to my yak and does a little death roll on it. This of course severs the 1/4" nylon with ease. I figured I might as well let him give my drags some exercise, so I dangled a piece of mackeral next to my yak and I watched him eat it. After a couple of instant break offs, I finally hook him. I was hoping to get a jump out of him but he just just ran and rolled a bit. Brought him in and cut the line around 2" from the hook.
I was really hoping for a good fish for my effort. Last week I caught a 13.5# YT but failed to get the pictures for WCW. I vegged and thought you could only submit one of each species:shot:
My next chance to fish for Whopper points will be mid July. I'm taking the kids back East to visit my family. I will have an opportunity to go fishing for makos with my cousin as well as doing a little bit of crabbing for blueclaws. Hopefully I will have a few pictures to share with you when I get back.
Tight lines!
Mark

rastrev 06-17-2007 02:14 PM

Cool pic of the Mako!

:cheers1:

madscientist 06-17-2007 03:26 PM

Too funny Mark. lol These little pups are getting out of hand.

Louis Clarke II 06-17-2007 04:19 PM

That is the biggest top water jig I have ever seen! What kinda hooks that rig take? That is one hell of a leader…….

Louis & Clarke II

h2ofishfo 06-17-2007 06:20 PM

huh nice jaws baby killer in the making

tylerdurden 06-17-2007 06:30 PM

Lots of mako's in the water:eek:. Everyone should stay home.

Great pics Ski:notworthy:, that is the 3rd attack on someones bait tube that I have heard of this week :vroam:.

esdees 06-17-2007 07:44 PM

Mine was attacked a couple times Wed and Thur afternoons. I keep forgetting to check it for bite marks. Keep your feet in the boat.

frugalfisher 06-17-2007 09:19 PM

Cool pic!

I always love seeing things that are toothy. Seems pretty confident that it can get to those macs.