Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GONZAGA! Truley is the worlds aquarium! -short vid- (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=23727)

Mike scales 10-27-2014 08:55 PM

GONZAGA! Truley is the worlds aquarium! -short vid-

Not much to say except AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME!
don't forget to select HD :)
http://youtu.be/onkoUcT8I38
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/onkoUcT8I38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mikey Likes It 10-27-2014 10:07 PM

Epic!

Wow. I'm speechless after that video. Incredible footage I can't believe how glassy it was compared to when I went in April. I have to get down there next weekend. Bob, you going back anytime soon? Nice work!

makobob 10-27-2014 10:09 PM

Nice video Mike! That will bring back lot's of memories for me in the future years, thank you!

walrus 10-28-2014 05:09 AM

Great job on the video. You captured the action and feel of fishing down there.

I found it's hard the first week back from there. During that week just want to pack up and go back down before I wake up from the dream.

Congrats on the fish.

Mike scales 10-28-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walrus (Post 209960)
Great job on the video. You captured the action and feel of fishing down there.

I found it's hard the first week back from there. During that week just want to pack up and go back down before I wake up from the dream.

Congrats on the fish.

Thanks guys! Ya, definitely feeling withdrawls already. Haha

Chuck D 10-28-2014 06:36 AM

Absolutely fantastic!!!! Counting the minutes till new years, that place is such a gem. Epic catch, dorado on the fly, you rock:cheers1::you_rock:

blitzburgh 10-28-2014 06:38 AM

Trip looked like fun! Nice fish, nice vid :cheers1:

RK 10-28-2014 11:50 AM

That looked like a killer trip!!! Love the Fly action!!!!!:cheers1:

Mike scales 10-28-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RK (Post 209989)
That looked like a killer trip!!! Love the Fly action!!!!!:cheers1:

The Fly action was out of this world! My reel was smoking the whole time!:sifone::reeling::cheers1:

steveooo 10-28-2014 03:04 PM

Awesome video :cheers1: Looks like paradise!

GregAndrew 10-28-2014 08:32 PM

Great stuff there!!!

Mike scales 10-29-2014 08:48 PM

Everyone here deserves to go down there once and experience the same thing we did. Just about every cast had something biting. Like casting into a giant bag of Halloween candy, never knew what you where going to pull out next! Looks like the weather going to be great through the rest of October-Nov too.
Cheers!:cheers1::reeling:

Silbaugh4liberty 10-29-2014 09:11 PM

Wow, rooster fish and dorado on the fly? So close to shore!! That's amazing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

roby 10-30-2014 04:00 AM

Wow! Definitely a trip of a lifetime.

:luxhello:

Mike scales 10-30-2014 11:24 AM

Just to clarify -Most fish were on the fly, dorodo was on conventional reel. Probably could have used the fly rod but didn't want to risk it.
Cheers!:cheers1:

makobob 11-03-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike scales (Post 210149)
Just to clarify -Most fish were on the fly, dorodo was on conventional reel. Probably could have used the fly rod but didn't want to risk it.

So Mike have you set a date for your next trip to paradise? The fly fishing is usually pretty good year round, winter just does not have the pelegics. Hope to fish with you again soon.

Mike scales 11-04-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 210441)
So Mike have you set a date for your next trip to paradise? The fly fishing is usually pretty good year round, winter just does not have the pelegics. Hope to fish with you again soon.

No set dates yet, but my schedule is pretty flexible. Spring time any good for pelagics there?

Tight lines!

makobob 11-04-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike scales (Post 210507)
No set dates yet, but my schedule is pretty flexible. Spring time any good for pelagics there?

Tight lines!

Mike, August through November are the best months for pelagics in Gonzaga. I am doing a private trip 12-18 November at Gonzaga and will post after trip. The weather is expected to be nice. Day temps around 80, 65 at night and winds to be 0-5 mph for thr whole week, like a lake again.
My next trip to Gonzaga will be for NEW YEARS, 30 Jan to 6 Janurary, there is still room to join this trip contact me if you are interested. Tight lines.

FlyFishinYakr 11-06-2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike scales (Post 210149)

Thanks for posting the video. Bob has been inviting/telling me about this little slice of heaven for awhile.
Now I understand why he believes I would enjoy it so much. Barring any further delays to my W/C trial, the scheduling of medical procedures (which would allow me to get back out on the water) and State/Federal investigations I'm assisting with, I can't wait 'til spring to try to make a trip or two(?).
FFY :sifone:

FlyFishinYakr 11-06-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty (Post 210121)
Wow, rooster fish and dorado on the fly? So close to shore!! That's amazing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just though I'd chime in here.
In Southern Baja near/in Mag bay (I can't remembers he name of the resort) where you can rent a quad/guide from that particular resort and chase Roosterfish in the surf (just look for the "combs" in the shallows). It's on my Fly Fishing Bucket list. :D
20-40# Roosters from the surf...Yeeehaaa! :eek:
FFY :sifone: