Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   It's a miracle (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=17605)

jimoney9 04-03-2013 11:29 PM

It's a miracle

Two weeks ago I posted that I wiped out coming in and I lost my Hobie Mirage Drive. I asked two random swimmers that I met on that day to help me to no avail. I even went out there three times with snorkels to look for it without a wetsuit amid the freezing water without any results. I did find a dollar bill being tossed around in the water and thought that the ocean had a sense of humor in that it was giving me change back from what I deposited. LOL. Then yesterday, I get a private message from one of the members here telling me that he saw a craigslist post selling a mirage drive and that I should give them a call. I called immediately and told them the story and they were actually happy that they found the owner and were gladly going to return it to me.

So the story is that the night, not day, after I lost it, the son (i was talking to his mom), a 6th grader, was surfing near the marine room and somehow came upon it in shallow water. He went around to different clubs asking if anyone had lost it. Their whole family didn't know what it was so he looked it up and did some research on it. After two weeks of trying to look for the owner he decided to put it up for sale. That's when one of the members here let me know about it.

There are several things that I could not believe and thought were somewhat miraculous. 1. The fact that the heavy mirage drive was tossed all the way from the boat launch area to the end of the beach to near the marine room is amazing. 2. The fact that someone was looking out for me from this forum and let me know when something came up is amazing and I am very thankful for that. 3. The fact that someone actually found this in the ocean after it was lost and the fact that it didn't get swept out to sea or buried in several feet of sand (which a lot of people said would happen) is pretty amazing.

It almost feels like a miracle. The mirage drive was once lost but now is found and reunited with its owner. LOL. It feels like the prodigal son has returned home. Haha.

I just want to thank all of you that commented, gave input, gave advice, and looked out for me even though we don't know each other. I guess fishing and kayaking creates a stronger bond between people than I thought. hehe. I'm grateful for this forum and all the people involved in helping me find my lost piece of equipment.

One last thing...hearing about where that boy found that equipment makes me wonder what else is down there. If you lost any equipment lately, I'd consider going near the marine room and doing some snorkeling. LOL. I'll definitely be doing that looking for my rod that I lost on the same day. haha.

Thanks again and thanks for reading.

eertkao 04-04-2013 12:09 AM

WOW! Great read and congrats on getting your mirage drive back :luxhello:

Scion619 04-04-2013 12:20 AM

Awesome story !!!!

roadx 04-04-2013 04:56 AM

NICE! now get a leash for it :D

mrJB 04-04-2013 05:13 AM

You've got some KARMA!
(Now it's your turn for a good deed)

Baja_Traveler 04-04-2013 06:15 AM

Thats awesome that you got the drive back. As expensive as those things are it would kill me to lose mine.
After you posted your initial story I immediately did two things: 1) went right out and bought a leash 2) Got out the pTouch labeler and put a tag on everything that could possibly be lost with my phone number.

Raskal311 04-04-2013 06:53 AM

The internet made the world a much smaller place :)

Honcho 04-04-2013 07:03 AM

Awesome, good to know there are good people are out there!

janines.fishtales@cox.net 04-04-2013 07:05 AM

Mirage drive

Nice! I'm gonna go make me a leash for mine. See you out there!

Janine:)

Deamon 04-04-2013 07:10 AM

That is an awesome ending. Good job to all.

FlyFishinYakr 04-04-2013 08:21 PM

Congrats on getting your Mirage Drive back!!! :luxhello:
FFY

Cyn 04-04-2013 09:54 PM

Fantastic, so happy for you!

Old Man in the Sea 04-05-2013 06:57 AM

Great story...

That is God's work....you are right that it is called a miracle!!!

addicted2sp33d 04-05-2013 07:49 AM

Now you have the upgraded "Miracle" Drive... it pedals itself.

FishNinjaY 04-05-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d (Post 152760)
Now you have the upgraded "Miracle" Drive... it pedals itself.

and swims!

JeffB 04-05-2013 02:13 PM

That's crazy. My buddy was telling me yesterday that you got it back. We talked about it a few times after your first post.mglad to hear you got it back.

jimoney9 04-07-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishNinjaY (Post 152775)
and swims!

Hahaha. Yeah. It was definitely guided by the waves. lol.

jimoney9 04-07-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffB (Post 152776)
That's crazy. My buddy was telling me yesterday that you got it back. We talked about it a few times after your first post.mglad to hear you got it back.

Thanks. I got a leash for it but next time I'm not taking it out. lol.

jimoney9 04-07-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr (Post 152738)
Congrats on getting your Mirage Drive back!!! :luxhello:
FFY

Thanks.

jimoney9 04-07-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 152654)
That is an awesome ending. Good job to all.

Yes. Good job to all. And thank you to all. I took it out for a test drive today and it worked well. Tried going out to sea through the mission bay jetties but the swells were way too high. At least i got a good work out. If I lose my mirage drive out there I'll for sure never get it back. lol.