Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2011 Islander Mothership Schedule (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8684)

jorluivil 05-22-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 84391)
I think ya missed the bus by 12...13 days!

That would have sucked if I had the wrong date.....I meant 6/10.

TheBentRod 05-23-2011 03:29 PM

2.5 day mothership trip June 3-6, 2011

Have we sold this trip out yet!! I am ready to go fishing.

BMThompson 05-26-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBentRod (Post 84487)
Have we sold this trip out yet!! I am ready to go fishing.

I just called the shop...
Only 5 people signed up for the 2.5day June 3-6:(

Come on guys! Jump on this and let's go fishing!!!

BMThompson 05-31-2011 05:39 AM

Are we going?

The 2.5 day leaving in three days...
I doubt it's going. :doh:
But, when are we gonna get the official word?

TheBentRod 05-31-2011 06:51 AM

I don't know what we are waiting on. Is OEX/Islander trying to avoid the refund? Does the Islander make the call? This is a major deal to leave people hanging... I appreciate the effort to keep the trip alive, but I am missing an opportunity to sign up for a trip later in the month. I can't afford to go on two trips. No matter how much I would like to.

bluesquids 06-02-2011 12:33 PM

Who else is on the June 17th trip? Bring some fish home for the father's day grill. :cheers1:

YlwFin 06-02-2011 05:59 PM

Hi Bluesquids,
Ill be on that trip with you. It will be my first true outing on my new Kayak. I wanted more time on the water to get to know it before but it’s not going to work out that way. Baptism by fire, Is that what they say? Looking forward to meeting you, it should be funJ

jorluivil 06-03-2011 06:49 PM

So am I going on the 2.5 day SCI trip alone? Who else is in?

Socalrobt 06-04-2011 07:23 AM

Im in for next weekend. Can't wait.

RedSledTeam 06-04-2011 10:38 AM

On Let's talk Hook up show this morning, I heard there were only 2 spots left!

jorluivil 06-04-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSledTeam (Post 85618)
On Let's talk Hook up show this morning, I heard there were only 2 spots left!

Is that on the June 10th trip? Didn't it sell out a few months ago?

lbsurf2ca 06-05-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 85621)
Is that on the June 10th trip? Didn't it sell out a few months ago?

No I think they were referring to the trip after ours which is the 1.5 day.

Any one know if the yellows been running in the area or we going to be slugging Calico's all day?

AZYakNewb 06-06-2011 10:26 AM

Gents,

ALRIGHT, ITS GO TIME BABY! 2.5 days of fishing glory here we go! So, like the total newb I am, I have a few more questions...

I think I got everything for the boat, but along with hygiene, chargers, $100 bucks for drinks and tips, I am ASSUMING a sleeping bag is a must right? or is this like the army where you get issued "linen" on board?!

Terminal Tackle - suggestions would be cool, but even cooler would be a local spot to hit when I get into town on Friday morning... anybody feel like linking up somewhere for a last minute supply run (where in the hell do you get Slug-O's in SD?!)?

Yak-CHECK, PFD-CHECK, VHF Radio-CHECK, Rods and Reels-CHECK, Upgraded Fishfinder-CHECK...

So what else do I need!

Thanks, Looking foward to slaughtering the Calico's!:jig:

lbsurf2ca 06-06-2011 11:18 AM

I wouldnt mind having some more info like above...with one other question.

Does anyone ever bring any spearfishing equipment? Seems like a good place to just bring a hawaian sling to go find some fish if nothing is bitting. Thanks

RedSledTeam 06-06-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbsurf2ca (Post 85817)
I wouldnt mind having some more info like above...with one other question.

Does anyone ever bring any spearfishing equipment? Seems like a good place to just bring a hawaian sling to go find some fish if nothing is bitting. Thanks

You may need something larger than a Hawaiian sling!

yakrider 06-07-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZYakNewb (Post 85812)

I think I got everything for the boat, but along with hygiene, chargers, $100 bucks for drinks and tips, I am ASSUMING a sleeping bag is a must right? or is this like the army where you get issued "linen" on board?!

the beds already have sheets and blankets...

Quote:

Terminal Tackle - suggestions would be cool, but even cooler would be a local spot to hit when I get into town on Friday morning... anybody feel like linking up somewhere for a last minute supply run (where in the hell do you get Slug-O's in SD?!)?

plastics and slugs, surface and yoyo irons...
some hooks fer live bait if that's yer thang!...
atsa 'bout it...
you will be right at Fishermans Landing...
they have everything you could possibly want right there...

Quote:

Thanks, Looking foward to slaughtering the Calico's!:jig:

I hope you mean that in a good way...

jorluivil 06-07-2011 08:28 PM

I'm pretty much set, got all my metal lures packed, picked up a few more MC Swimbaits, lead heads, some 30lb flouro leader & got a reel serviced. I carry all my gear in a large tote, makes it easier to transport and less likely that i'll forget something.

jorluivil 06-07-2011 11:37 PM

REMINDER

IF ANYONE FROM THE LA/OC AREA WANTS TO CARPOOL FOR THIS WEEKENDS TRIP SHOOT ME A PM, I CAN FIT 3-4 KAYAKS ON MY TRUCK. I PLAN ON LEAVING BETWEEN 4-5PM, SHOULD PUT ME IN SAN DIEGO BETWEEN 6-8PM.

lbsurf2ca 06-08-2011 06:37 AM

Did you get a call from OEX? I notice you said you were leaving at 5 from OC.

They told me to be there at the dock around 5 because it takes a long time to load the yaks

jorluivil 06-08-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbsurf2ca (Post 85990)
Did you get a call from OEX? I notice you said you were leaving at 5 from OC.

They told me to be there at the dock around 5 because it takes a long time to load the yaks

No, I haven't so I'm glad I posted this. I guess I will call them today and see what they have to say.....thanks for the heads up