Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2012 Islander Mothership Schedule (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12394)

jorluivil 06-02-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakin (Post 120125)
They want us to be at the docks by 5!! Just a heads up on what OEX told me

Last year I arrived around 430pm and I'm glad I did, parking starts to fill up fast and you find yourself rushing if you get there later in the day, I think I was the 3rd or 4th one there. I was able to offload without feeling rushed, check and re-checked my gear, went through my bags to make sure I didn't forget the Tums, grabbed a bite to eat, chilled at the docks for a while and was good to ready when they started loading.

ful-rac 06-04-2012 12:21 PM

Looks like clemente is open for business...!

Here is the map of the open areas for the next 2.5 day trip. Looks like most of the island is open! Hopefully the weather cooperates!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...p/sci21-25.png

Siebler 06-04-2012 02:19 PM

Looking forward to the trip! We got payment from most you but if we havnt please call. Because the trip is full and we had people cancel last second on the previous trip we want to be sure to get anybody who is going to bail off the list so we can shuffle in the waiting list asap.

Looking forward to fishing with you guys, This is a realy good group going, most everybody has fished together on one of these before by looking at the list.

And day of, I should be at dock by probably 3-330 id say so if anybody needs help ill be around.

TheBentRod 06-04-2012 04:17 PM

Paid in full! Let's get this party started!

kobra 06-04-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siebler (Post 120885)
Looking forward to the trip! We got payment from most you but if we havnt please call. Because the trip is full and we had people cancel last second on the previous trip we want to be sure to get anybody who is going to bail off the list so we can shuffle in the waiting list asap.

Looking forward to fishing with you guys, This is a realy good group going, most everybody has fished together on one of these before by looking at the list.

And day of, I should be at dock by probably 3-330 id say so if anybody needs help ill be around.

That's cool CJ. I'll let you carry my stuff down to the boat.:D

Deefeesha 06-04-2012 05:29 PM

Heads up:

We had issues with our power outlet in our stater room. So if you plan on charging your gear make sure you check the outlet to see if it's working. I had to fiddle around with the prongs on my plugs to make sure it makes contact with the electrical contacts inside the receptacle. I used a charger with a charging-indicator light to test the outlet or just touch the charger for warmth.

Hope this helps.

Yakin 06-04-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deefeesha (Post 120908)
Heads up:

We had issues with our power outlet in our stater room. So if you plan on charging your gear make sure you check the outlet to see if it's working. I had to fiddle around with the prongs on my plugs to make sure it makes contact with the electrical contacts inside the receptacle. I used a charger with a charging-indicator light to test the outlet or just touch the charger for warmth.

Hope this helps.

yah guys this was a big problem and make sure ahead of time i didnt have a battery for the 2nd day of the trip so make sure your outlit works as soon as you get into your room!!

AZYakNewb 06-18-2012 02:05 PM

Anybody checked tides/weather for this weekend? And please don't post the chart!

I'm from AZ... just tell me "good", "bad" or "HOLY !@#$, you haven't heard about the hurricane!"

Looking foward to it!

jorluivil 06-18-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZYakNewb (Post 122113)
Anybody checked tides/weather for this weekend? And please don't post the chart!

I'm from AZ... just tell me "good", "bad" or "HOLY !@#$, you haven't heard about the hurricane!"

Looking foward to it!

the hurricane is pretty much gone at this point.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...ane-in-mexico/

INGRIDSDAD 06-20-2012 12:09 PM

1 day and counting....
Looks like the wind will be blowing this weekend but I like the reports of yellows at Clemente.

jorluivil 06-20-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INGRIDSDAD (Post 122324)
1 day and counting....
Looks like the wind will be blowing this weekend but I like the reports of yellows at Clemente.

We must have talked to the same individual :D

I won't be able to sleep tonight;)

robmandel 06-20-2012 09:49 PM

there's good news and bad news

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=46086

Conditions at 46086 as of
(9:50 pm PDT on 06/20/2012)
0450 GMT on 06/21/2012:

Wind Direction (WDIR): WNW ( 300 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 11.7 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 17.5 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 5.2 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 12 sec
Average Period (APD): 6.4 sec

that looks pretty bad. 12-18kt winds, 5 ft swells at 12 seconds. that's gonna be a bumpy ride. but...

water temp is 64.

further offshore...

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=46047

Wind Speed (WSPD): 17.5 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 21.4 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 6.6 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 11 sec
Average Period (APD): 6.1 sec

18-20kt winds with 6-7ft swells at 11 seconds. yeah, that's not gonna be fun. been out in worse at catapalooza, but that's probably coming in to the island. and just getting on and off the boat will be a thrill ride. unless he can get out of it on the lee side or inside pyramid cove.

there's some great fishing on the front side, and I would think that we'd be pretty protected in tight to the front side.

either way, shane and john are top notch and will have a great game plan. see y'all tomorrow afternoon.

jorluivil 06-21-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robmandel (Post 122390)
there's good news and bad news

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=46086

Conditions at 46086 as of
(9:50 pm PDT on 06/20/2012)
0450 GMT on 06/21/2012:

Wind Direction (WDIR): WNW ( 300 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 11.7 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 17.5 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 5.2 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 12 sec
Average Period (APD): 6.4 sec

that looks pretty bad. 12-18kt winds, 5 ft swells at 12 seconds. that's gonna be a bumpy ride. but...

water temp is 64.

further offshore...

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=46047

Wind Speed (WSPD): 17.5 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 21.4 kts
Wave Height (WVHT): 6.6 ft
Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 11 sec
Average Period (APD): 6.1 sec

18-20kt winds with 6-7ft swells at 11 seconds. yeah, that's not gonna be fun. been out in worse at catapalooza, but that's probably coming in to the island. and just getting on and off the boat will be a thrill ride. unless he can get out of it on the lee side or inside pyramid cove.

there's some great fishing on the front side, and I would think that we'd be pretty protected in tight to the front side.

either way, shane and john are top notch and will have a great game plan. see y'all tomorrow afternoon.

Sounds like we're going to have to earn it:D

wiredantz 06-21-2012 06:51 AM

:pAlright George, Tony, Erick, matt, let me know how that weather plays out. I will be setting up my new HM 597 Hm Di. While you guys are having your cookies tossed.

GregAndrew 06-21-2012 07:38 AM

With the wind direction WNW you should still be able to fish Pyramid cove beaches at least. That should put you on some nice Halibut. Front side has had some of the best YT fishing I have ever had too.

ful-rac 06-21-2012 07:40 AM

Bring it on!!!! The rougher the better!!!! Jorges next youtube video of him puking on roby is gonna be great!!!! Yellows Here we come!!!!

mtnbykr2 06-21-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 122415)
Bring it on!!!! The rougher the better!!!! Jorges next youtube video of him puking on roby is gonna be great!!!! Yellows Here we come!!!!

go get um guys... be safe out there....hope you all do well...I will be at work
wishin I was fishin...

TheBentRod 06-21-2012 09:03 AM

I like this forecast better.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weeke...+USCA1305:1:US

TheBentRod 06-24-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBentRod (Post 122427)

As always weather.com is never accurate for what we do.

Thanks to the Islander captain and crew. I would recommend this boat to anyone for fishing, diving, sharking and any other need to be on the water. This is a full service operation and is top shelf. If I need to go long range I will sign up with these guys for sure. Although the weather was not ideal. We found some yellowtail (up to 25lb) and halibut (up to 35lb). San Clemente is a great place to fish from a Kayak.

CJ - Thanks for putting this together and I am definitely going next year.

Chuck D 06-24-2012 04:21 PM

The Best!!!!

I second that BentRod:luxhello: The Islander trip was hands down the best offshore fishing trip I have ever been on. The crew was super professional and always willing to lend a helping hand. The food was phenomenal and always available whether we wanted to eat on the ship or eat lunch on the go. The captain was not only super knowledgeable, but was very personable and always out with the crew helping out on deck as well. He also made me feel more comfortable on board then any other captain I have rode with answering any questions or concerns you may have. I feel the best part was the community everyone had on board and respect everyone had for each other. This was my first year and everyone made me feel welcome from the get go. Lastly CJ you are not only the man for setting this up, but I greatly appreciate all the help along the way on the trip, always there to help as well. Hands down best trip ever for me, I will surely be back next year! Thank you Islander!!!!

PapaDave 06-27-2012 02:37 PM

Items left behind...

Hi all, it was my priviledge to meet and fish with you guys on the trip. Weather left a lot to be desired but the boat, crew, fishing and company were great. I had a lot of fun.

CJ, qick question, I seem ot have left a standard hobie paddle on the boat. Who do I contact to see if it was found?

jorluivil 06-27-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDCh (Post 123146)
Hi all, it was my priviledge to meet and fish with you guys on the trip. Weather left a lot to be desired but the boat, crew, fishing and company were great. I had a lot of fun.

CJ, qick question, I seem ot have left a standard hobie paddle on the boat. Who do I contact to see if it was found?

Contact the guy that's in charge of Security Tokens:D

bus kid 06-27-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 123150)
Contact the guy that's in charge of Security Tokens:D

Is he in Europe or on holiday in Nigeraia?:confused: