Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Custom Kayak Gaffs (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=20866)

LBKayakDude 09-29-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 207542)
Hit up the Tinslayer for a gaff! His gaffs are like nothing I've ever seen. You can customize your build anyway you want. Throw away that telescopic promar. They're junk, I've personally had two come apart while gaffing fish.

And the promar gaffs DO NOT float. Mine sunk in about 2 seconds flat, gone!...

Tin Slayer 28 10-11-2014 10:15 PM

Yes, these Gaffs do float and it's a nice reassurance knowing it won't sink to the bottom

Tin Slayer 28 10-29-2014 07:33 AM

Anyone interested in a custom gaff, send me a pm.

Tin Slayer 28 11-22-2014 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a new color combo, black with a double layered spotted grey and blue cord with a tiger wrap and the new Precision Marine polished stainless steel hook made just for bamboo gaffs.

chxh8me 11-22-2014 07:31 AM

Picked up two gaffs from Daryl. Excellent quality. Can't wait to use them.

Tin Slayer 28 11-27-2014 12:28 PM

Thanks for the compliment and support.

easyday 11-27-2014 11:09 PM

Dang, he does awesome work and really goes above and beyond on the craftsmanship of these gaffs.

Tin Slayer 28 12-05-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyday (Post 212248)
Dang, he does awesome work and really goes above and beyond on the craftsmanship of these gaffs.

Thanks Easyday for the compliment!!! I have added some upgrades too, like polished stainless steel hooks and name decals.

ceviche eater 12-05-2014 08:29 PM

i can't wait to pick mine up!

ceviche eater 01-28-2015 07:11 PM

I got my gaff a couple days ago can wait to use it. its like a piece of art!!!!

Tin Slayer 28 01-31-2015 05:57 PM

Thanks Munoz for the compliment. You should get good use out of it with all of the good fishing happening now.

slobound 02-06-2015 01:38 PM

I ordered a few customized gaffs from Daryl and they arrived this week. I have to say, they are absolutely AMAZING!!! Can't wait to show a fish the business end of this piece of art.

Tin Slayer 28 02-23-2015 05:53 AM

Glad you like them Slobound and thanks for the order.

Tin Slayer 28 03-21-2015 06:32 AM

I am adding a new hook to my lineup, a stainless steel 2/0 hook. Hook options range from standard Mustad gaff hooks, to Precision Marine 2.5/0 polished stainless and stainless hooks, and very soon 2/0 stainless hooks.

If anyone is interested in a gaff give me an email dmorita28@gmail.com or pm me.

Tin Slayer 28 05-15-2015 11:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Bumping for the season that is upon us. If you are in need of a gaff or just want an upgraded customized one, let me know. I have standard more affordable gaffs that you can A La Carte upgrade to meet your price point, or you get a super custom one.

Check out the new 2/0 stainless steel hook by Baston that I am offering. It is light and strong with a thinner gauge diameter hook, which does less damage to meat (if you're a meat gaffer). This one is set inline and wrapped for decoration and strength on the outside.

Tin Slayer 28 07-21-2015 09:00 AM

Anyone in need of a gaff? Let me know, as I have a nice Calcutta supply and stainless hooks or Mustad hooks and many options to customize your gaff.

Rocketfish 07-21-2015 09:38 AM

Guys, I'm still new to yak fishing but am slowly building up to going out to open waters. If you gaff a fish, is it guaranteed dead? If I wanted to catch and release something big like some of the yellows you all are catching, can I gaff it, and then release it?

I don't know of any other way to secure a huge fish like that to remove the hook easier than gaffing it. Or do some of you use those fish grips to de-hook the fish?

I would LOVE to order one of these awesome looking gaffs though. How do I do that?

Cadillyak 07-21-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketfish (Post 234566)
Guys, I'm still new to yak fishing but am slowly building up to going out to open waters. If you gaff a fish, is it guaranteed dead? If I wanted to catch and release something big like some of the yellows you all are catching, can I gaff it, and then release it?

I don't know of any other way to secure a huge fish like that to remove the hook easier than gaffing it. Or do some of you use those fish grips to de-hook the fish?

I would LOVE to order one of these awesome looking gaffs though. How do I do that?

Gaffing a fish is only half of the battle, and they damn sure aren't guaranteed dead. Just look at some of ful-rac's halibut videos. Also, you only want to gaff fish that you intend on keeping. DO NOT gaff a fish you plan on releasing. They may swim off, but have a pretty decent chance of dying. Use fish grips, and net (if a halibut, there are special nets that don't shred their tails), or just handle them boat side. If they break the line, call it an early release.

Oh and to TinSlayer..... The Gaff you made was unbelievable. You are truly an artist. Cant wait to get her bloody! For anyone on the fence like I was about getting one made, DO IT!! I only wish I had done it months ago!

Tin Slayer 28 07-21-2015 12:12 PM

Thanks Cadillyak for the compliment and support.

If anyone wants to order, email me at dmorita28@gmail.com

LBKayakDude 07-21-2015 02:00 PM

When I have the cash I'm ordering one. Your gaffs look beautiful and a great price. Can't wait!