Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MLPA meeting highlights / lowlights in real time (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6171)

tylerdurden 10-22-2009 03:12 PM

I was wondering what happened. Time to grab a beer and mourn the losses.

edit->
Feed is back up, but it says they are still on a short break.

bender0240 10-22-2009 03:18 PM

Paul Lebowitz Got the word on the B option SMCA. "Recreational coastal pelagics by hook and line only." Sorry my amphibious friends, there's no joy for you. And I fear our YT spot is done. Someone please double check the MLPA definition of coastal pelagics.

tylerdurden 10-22-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bender0240 (Post 46150)
Paul Lebowitz Got the word on the B option SMCA. "Recreational coastal pelagics by hook and line only." Sorry my amphibious friends, there's no joy for you. And I fear our YT spot is done. Someone please double check the MLPA definition of coastal pelagics.

Coastal pelagics mean bait only.

pelagic means yt, wsb, and t sharks.

:linesnap::linesnap::linesnap::linesnap::linesnap: :linesnap::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the _finger::the_finger::the_finger:

JoeBeck 10-22-2009 03:29 PM

They are starting back up

tylerdurden 10-22-2009 03:29 PM

Feed is back up and they are running.

PAL 10-22-2009 03:32 PM

Greg: Rocky Pt is looking pretty good. It'll be either an SMR farther down on the west face, or another one slightly north that gets the bottom 1/4 or so of RP. Cat West End is safe.

I'm going back to my Facebook feed. Please keep reposting the major stuff over here for me.

Billy V 10-22-2009 03:37 PM

Did I just hear that correctly 3 Potential Options for La Jolla for Further Discussion ?

The Smca @ Scripps & S. La Jolla
or
Map 2 Proposal as is
or
Swamis & Point Loma.............and All meet the SAT.
------------------------------------------
So defer to the Economic Impact to PCFV and Recreation Fishing and The Local Businesses you fken dummies. :mad:

The Live Feed keeps cutting out. This is a nightmare.

JoeBeck 10-22-2009 03:42 PM

:the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger: I keep losing the feed. They need to improve there :the_finger: technology

Billy V 10-22-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBeck (Post 46156)
:the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger: I keep losing the feed. They need to improve there :the_finger: technology

Kill Them, Kill Them Now!

Grego 10-22-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAL (Post 46154)
Greg: Rocky Pt is looking pretty good. It'll be either an SMR farther down on the west face, or another one slightly north that gets the bottom 1/4 or so of RP. Cat West End is safe.

I'm going back to my Facebook feed. Please keep reposting the major stuff over here for me.

Yeah..Rocky Point!

Billy V 10-22-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grego (Post 46158)
Yeah..Rocky Point!

You earned it my friend.

Gino 10-22-2009 04:05 PM

talking about Laguna now

Billy V 10-22-2009 04:18 PM

How can I access Paul's Facebook if I am not a Facebook Member ?

Is there a way ?

JoeBeck 10-22-2009 04:21 PM

No, I had to become a member. Don't plan on using it after this.

PAL 10-22-2009 04:22 PM

Still fighting over the OC wedge. It does a number on free divers. the boundaries are impossible to figure out from the water unless you have it mapped on your GPS. Overall kayak fishing out of Newport and Dana are looking good. There's nothing at Doheny or the headlands. the SMCAs allow all finfish. The issue is the entire span of Laguna north of the Aliso outfall.

JoeBeck 10-22-2009 04:30 PM

Damn guidelines, they keep coming up. They did not listen to the people about the social economic impact. A shame for California.

"It does not restrict access it just means these people will not be able to fish"

Gino 10-22-2009 04:33 PM

I wont spend a dime of money in Laguna ever again. regardless of the outcome, they city council there obviously doesnt welcome buisness.

theres a reason why thier is no fishign /tackle stores in Laguna, the City wont give you the permit. bunch of fruitcakes

tylerdurden 10-22-2009 04:33 PM

Meg Caldwell just doesn't get it on the access issue. We need fishing/spearing only areas with no surfing, scuba, or swimming. Then the other side will know how we feel.

B Slate 10-22-2009 04:43 PM

How can anyone say any reserve does not restict access. Yet they said it multiple times:confused:

MVC 10-22-2009 04:51 PM

I would feel good about the whole system if those people from Laguna would get hosed. I can't believe that they would propose to close their entire coast. Alot of compromise there.