Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   KFACA Benefit Tourney June 27 - sign up now! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=5012)

PAL 05-27-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Hi Paul,

I'm a long time kayaker but because of my lower back I've had to resort to fishing from a small motored skiff.

I still want to contribute and participate, can you open it up to skiffs that launch from LJ shores also?
Pat, I hope you'll participate, particularly since you plan to launch at the Shores. Come on out and fish, swing by the party, bid on some merchandise and / or buy some raffle tickets. As far as the jackpot goes, I think its only fair to put you in your own motorized division - it'll probably be tiny, but if you share our goal of a good time on the water and raising money to keep La Jolla open to fishing, maybe that will be good enough for you.

Anyone else who cares to contribute to this discussion is welcome.

DESTROYER 05-27-2009 03:57 PM

This is going to be awesome! The on the water photo of kayaks is going to be killer. Nobody better miss this. I'm willing to pay for someones entry who can't afford it at this time. PM me!:reel:

Matt

herefishyfishy! 05-27-2009 04:28 PM

Im in...BTW, Paul and Chris :you_rock:

Evan

Tman 05-27-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat (Post 38926)
Hi Paul,

I'm a long time kayaker but because of my lower back I've had to resort to fishing from a small motored skiff.

I still want to contribute and participate, can you open it up to skiffs that launch from LJ shores also?

...and thanks for all your efforts on the MLPA. :you_rock:

:cheers1:

Dang it Pat, don't say it's true...wondered where ya been...hope it turns out ok, really sucks to hear. All hail the King of the Kayak Iron...

Tman 05-27-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOYER THE FISH DESTROYER (Post 38930)
This is going to be awesome! The on the water photo of kayaks is going to be killer. Nobody better miss this. I'm willing to pay for someones entry who can't afford it at this time. PM me!:reel:

Matt

That settles it. I love to cook and learn new recipes, and it obviously pays well. Matt, forget about our entry fees.

I want to come work for you....:D

Great gesture by the way...:you_rock:

PAL 06-09-2009 08:56 AM

Our benefit tournament is a little over two weeks away! Let's see how many 'yaks and spearos we can turn out at La Jolla.

We're going to have a great time while raising some cash for the PSO. Some exciting things in the works - this is not your average jackpot!

For one, lunch is on Chipotle Mexican Grill - thanks Plastic Navy for the hook-up.

We need an accurate head count to be sure we'll have enough food, so please sign up now. NO PAYMENT NECESSARY! You can bring your $30 sign-up fee to the Shores on the 27th.

Sign-ups are here: http://www.diamond-safety.com/signup-form.htm

Here's the list so far:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 143pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=191 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 143pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6985" width=191><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 143pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=191 height=17>Big Fish</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Norman Yuen</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Rex McNamara*</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Harry Stamp</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Jay Koo</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Kiyo Sato</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Andy Allen</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Tyler Webb*</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Joe Tuipala</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Joel Howard</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Kurt Schindler*</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Steve Orr</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Dave Schroeder</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Bob Van Epps</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Corey Wyrick*</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Chris FieRRo*</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 145pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=193 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 145pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7058" width=193><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 145pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=193 height=17>Bass</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Ken Rosburg*</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Chuck Long</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Mike Boehmke*</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Matt Kim</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 144pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=192 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 144pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7021" width=192><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 144pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=192 height=17>Spearfish</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Joe Nguyen</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Elliot Gorfain*</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Holy Mackerel 06-09-2009 09:20 AM

For the last time... it is F I E R R O !!! TWO RR's!! :p

Don't worry, Moyer, and Joe Nguyen spell it wrong too! :sifone:

C'mon guys/gals sign up! :you_rock:

CandyCatcher 06-09-2009 09:41 AM

Paul.....

Cant resist this one.....

Im in....

Ill donate 6 CandyCatcher Snaggers, 6 T-Shirts and 6 CandyBombers for the raffle or whatever you decide to do with them!!!

Let me see if I can wrangle some folks from the "805" too!

Randy

PAL 06-09-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

For the last time... it is F I E R R O !!! TWO RR's!!
All right all ready! FieRRo it is. (Sorry Chris)

THEDanHernandez 06-09-2009 10:07 AM

count THE Dan Hernandez in for this one!

dorado50 06-09-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyCatcher (Post 39892)
Paul.....

Cant resist this one.....

Im in....

Ill donate 6 CandyCatcher Snaggers, 6 T-Shirts and 6 CandyBombers for the raffle or whatever you decide to do with them!!!

Let me see if I can wrangle some folks from the "805" too!

Randy

Can you bring some candy catchers to sell? I'll buy at least two of them. I've been looking to buy these for awhile now, thanks.......

CandyCatcher 06-09-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 39896)
Can you bring some candy catchers to sell? I'll buy at least two of them. I've been looking to buy these for awhile now, thanks.......

Will do.....

Grego 06-09-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAL (Post 38929)
Pat, I hope you'll participate, particularly since you plan to launch at the Shores. Come on out and fish, swing by the party, bid on some merchandise and / or buy some raffle tickets. As far as the jackpot goes, I think its only fair to put you in your own motorized division - it'll probably be tiny, but if you share our goal of a good time on the water and raising money to keep La Jolla open to fishing, maybe that will be good enough for you.

Anyone else who cares to contribute to this discussion is welcome.

Sorry to hear about your back Pat, maybe Pat can play with us but he's handicapped:stickyman: by only being allowed to use live bait, no iron for you !! :reeling::jig:

dsafety 06-09-2009 12:32 PM

Way to jump on this bandwagon guys. We have already received 10 new signups today. This is still far from our goal of putting 100 plastic boats on the water but we are certainly making progress.

Stay tuned for some really big news regarding donations for the raffle and silent auction. Some of our friends have stepped up big-time.

If you have something that you would like to donate, here is the link.

Bob

Pat 06-09-2009 01:19 PM

Thanks Grego and T-man, if this were a bat ray tournament I'd slaughter you guys!:cheers1:

Moyer said he'd where his jely belly shirt too. :wavey:

Billy V 06-09-2009 01:35 PM

No Problem here Pat.
That 10 Ft. Porta-Bote is more Kayak then boat anyway.

joyjiggin' 06-09-2009 01:37 PM

I'm working that day but I'll send my check with Eric. Joy

PAL 06-09-2009 04:06 PM

The sign-ups are pouring in. Still room for more. Come join us! Please sign up here: http://www.diamond-safety.com/signup-form.htm

Big Fish
Norman Yuen
Rex McNamara
Harry Stamp
Jay Koo
Kiyo Sato
Andy Allen
Tyler Webb
Joe Tuipala
9. Clay Harding
Martin Harding
Joel Howard
Kurt Schindler
Steve Orr
Dave Schroeder
Bob Van Epps
Corey Wyrick
Chris FieRRo
Matt Moyer
Billy Vitale
Don Bell
John Near
Greg Tsujiuchi
Dan Hernandez
Nate Clookie
Randy Janush
Drew Clark
Mark Lakamp

Bass
Ken Rosburg
Chuck Long
Mike Boehmke
Matt Kim
Wayne Wilcoxen
Will Bowen
Nancy Ortiz
Steven Green
Al Figueras

Spearfish
Joe Nguyen
Elliot Gorfain
Christopher Davis
Tara O'Connor
Ryan Sweeney

Tman 06-09-2009 06:12 PM

C'mon guys, let's fill the pond with plastic...

BTW Paul, Clay wanted to be number 9, since he's 9...can ya bump a lil' brotha up a couple spaces?

C'mon Joel Howard...:):biggrinjester::sifone:

PAL 06-09-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

BTW Paul, Clay wanted to be number 9, since he's 9...can ya bump a lil' brotha up a couple spaces?
You got it. Far as I'm concerned, that stand-up youngster's #1.