Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ice fishing...close enough. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=4274)

Holy Mackerel 12-20-2008 08:39 PM

Nice job again, feel free to PM the gps #'s... :p

chris

THE DARKHORSE 12-20-2008 10:38 PM

I only smile for White Seabass over fifty...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tman (Post 31813)
I admit, I had to do a double take....your expression seemed the same in both pics...smile bro, the majority of us would be ecstatic. But there you are, ho hum, another day at the office...

(So I checked the feeeshies out, size, tail, lines under the dorsal, etc...)

Came to the conclusion that they ARE two different lalandis, congrats, hell of a feat this time of year.

But please, next photo op, at least let out a toothy grin in ONE of the pics...

Dang nice :yt:...:cheers1:

Keep in mind these pictures are taken with my girlfriend yelling at me in the background :toetap05:...."I'm freezing, lift them up sissy, I can't get both of their tales in the frame". I was aiming for the shot of me holding both trophies up, but after trying to get a nice shot with both fish a few times, they all looked like I was in labor.

Trust me, you wouldn't be smiling taking pictures with my girlfriend....Oh that didn't sound right :D

FISHIONADO 12-21-2008 06:15 AM

Nice fish, Brrrrrr.

Yani could send dinner pictures for a month with a pair like that!

bellcon 12-21-2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Trust me, you wouldn't be smiling taking pictures with my girlfriend....Oh that didn't sound right :D
:D:D:D:)

blackcloud9 12-21-2008 12:17 PM

Good catching.

:you_rock: the :yt::yt:

Smokey 12-21-2008 05:07 PM

Nice job as usual, good pics and a great story.

:notworthy::yt::yt::notworthy:

My wife wants to know why you always come home with fish and I seldom do. You are making the rest of us look bad. Thanks.
Next she will want to check my gps track log when I go fishing.:mad:

roosta 12-21-2008 09:02 PM

Damn...! What an awesome day!
Once again congrats Josh!

GHOSTHUNTR 12-22-2008 06:14 AM

Ho Hum, just another day on the water for Josh. Un-freaking believable.:you_rock:

ezcompany 12-22-2008 10:42 AM

oh great La Jolla master how i worship thee~~~~
awesome job as usual~~!

habanero 12-22-2008 08:20 PM

Time on the water! :jig:
Nice moss backs!

Did you you pulled a fire drill?

THE DARKHORSE 12-22-2008 11:11 PM

No problem, Chris.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel (Post 31815)
Nice job again, feel free to PM the gps #'s... :p

chris

The first monster :yt: ate the :jig:two-hundred yards due north of "squiddly #2".

The second :yt: ate the :jig:a quarter mile northwest of "YT hill " ....at least those are the names for the spots on my GPS map :playingball: .

forefrazier 12-23-2008 06:35 AM

Nice work once again Josh! I am going to be coming down your way soon so please save at least one for me.......

Holy Mackerel 12-23-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE (Post 31869)
The first monster :yt: ate the :jig:two-hundred yards due north of "squiddly #2".

The second :yt: ate the :jig:a quarter mile northwest of "YT hill " ....at least those are the names for the spots on my GPS map :playingball: .

It wouldn't matter anyway, I can't LAND nada these days!!! :linesnap::redface::banghead: Nice Xmas forkies, none the less!

chris

lamb 12-23-2008 07:22 AM

Nice work Josh!!! :driver:

BTW, new smiles :jig::linesnap:are a courtesy of Masta Andy.

Matt 12-23-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel (Post 31871)
It wouldn't matter anyway, I can't LAND nada these days!!! :linesnap::redface::banghead: Nice Xmas forkies, none the less!

chris

Chris I have those numbers and still can't seem to get them either!:D

THE DARKHORSE 12-23-2008 11:36 PM

Not to worry, Steve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by forefrazier (Post 31870)
Nice work once again Josh! I am going to be coming down your way soon so please save at least one for me.......

There are enough Yellowtail in La Jolla for everyone ;), Steve. That being said, they're pretty smart and can swim 25 mph, constantly moving. Wouldn't it be nice if they stayed in one place instead of moving all the time?

Maybe you can pick up a sick 9' Super Seeker jig-stick with the money you saved on that ridiculously priced Tarpon 16. What a "steal!
Honestly, neither of these fish would of been caught with a shorter rod or an :jig:that swims like crap.

MarkT 12-24-2008 05:53 AM

Nice job with the Hawaiian war club! God loves a jig that swims right.