Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Completely unrelated to fishing - Your Username (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9367)

AirborneYak 05-08-2014 10:43 AM

I was a paratrooper in the 82nd airborne. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. My last jump I landed in a tree. It was my softest landing, but I was stuck up the tree canopy for almost 2 hours. So that's where airborne came from. Airborneyak.

Airborne all the way!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

dabitch 05-08-2014 06:29 PM

I think it speaks for itself....Or, at least, that's what HE said.

~DaBitch

Vansmack 06-27-2014 03:26 PM

I used to listen to Jim Rome daily on the radio, Vansmack is one of his nicknames. No, I never smacked a van.

Chris

JDW 06-27-2014 04:21 PM

Just my initials

Just my initials. Nothing fancy.

Mahigeer 06-27-2014 05:04 PM

Mahigeer means angler in Farsi.

Fish n Jeep 06-27-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirborneYak (Post 193389)
I was a paratrooper in the 82nd airborne. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. My last jump I landed in a tree. It was my softest landing, but I was stuck up the tree canopy for almost 2 hours. So that's where airborne came from. Airborneyak.

Airborne all the way!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your service!!!:you_rock:

Fish n Jeep 06-27-2014 06:00 PM

Mine isn't very exciting. Pretty much the two things that give me peace of mind and happiness. First being out on the water and catching fish. And also hitting the trails in my jeep wrangler jk. I have to admit though as of late I have been ignoring the jeep for my mistress the outback and LJ!!!:cheers1:

SLYACKER 06-27-2014 06:00 PM

Im lazy!

Sent using Tapatalk

Fishwhisperer619 06-27-2014 06:20 PM

I jokingly told my dad that I was launching at IB and paddling to the coronado islands and he said "youll be sleeping with the fishes" and I said "i know what im doing, i whisper to the fish and they come biting". And he said "thats my point, sharks included".
So the name kinda jokingly stuck.
619 because im from SD

tsugg 06-27-2014 06:51 PM

My memory is going so I kept it simple, something I might not forget! My name is Tom Sugg so after a long trial and error period I came up with tsugg. Hopefully I won't forget it.:luxhello::reel::jig::reeling:

tsugg 06-27-2014 06:53 PM

If you wonder about lowspark, I'm an electrician by trade. A nickname by co- workers.

army guy 06-27-2014 06:58 PM

Spent 23 years in the Army. So I guess I'm an army guy.:shot

Southman 06-27-2014 07:17 PM

Last name is South. And I guess I'm somewhat of a man, although my wife may disagree on that one... ;)

Fish Taco 06-27-2014 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I grew up in San Diego... eating plenty of good Mexican food. My first trip to San Felipe with my wife and two other couples.... well, we got extremely hammered and ended up on the street one evening indulging in fish and shrimp tacos from a street vendor with a cart... man, best tasting tacos I think I ever had.

Since then, fish tacos have become one of my most favorite foods (and probably half of SoCal as well!)...

Anyway, when I first bought my kayak from CJ at OEX in 2011... I lived on Long Island in NY... my ride is pretty tricked out and I thought long and hard for a good name for her. New Yorker's aren't clued in yet on how good fish tacos are... and I thought it would be a memorable name for my first serious fishing kayak. As it turns out, as I joined several message boards using it as my screen name, as well as joining the Kayak Fishing Association of NY (KFA-NY) it became my member name as well. It was sort of my homage to my hometown of San Diego and where I'm from. Was also hoping it might bring some good mojo to my kayak someday... and provide plenty of fish tacos!

Widgeon 06-27-2014 08:57 PM

4800 baud modem. :doh:
Been a long time since them days.
I'm fairly new to this site, but I used to do a lot of duck hunting and one of my favorite targets is the American wigeon... A species of duck.
When I first started getting into this whole forum thing, for hunting and fishing, I guess I miss-spelled it as wi-D-geon and it stuck.

619-SWIM-DOG 06-28-2014 06:29 AM

619 since I'm born and raised here and swim dog, because I like to swim. It's the same user name that I have on aquahunters.

Lineman47 06-28-2014 09:56 AM

Well I'm a journeyman lineman and my local is #47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaysuuun 07-01-2014 12:37 AM

LOL this is a funny thread. My name is Jason. I used to watch Roland Martin's show back in middle school. I got a kick out of "SOONN!" every time he hooked something. So hence the name Jaysuuun as it's pronounced. Took me a long time to figure out that "SON" was short for son of a gun. I always thought it was some kind southern slang he was using. LOL

ceruleandrms 07-01-2014 07:32 AM

Ceruleandrms. Cerulean is a deep blue color and drms is short for dreams. Many many moons ago when I was younger I got so faded with my friends everything turned blue and I thought I was dreaming. Thought I became an oompa-loompa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summers in kuwait 03-26-2015 06:12 AM

Summers in Kuwait

This was the name of my old band in Arcata, CA. It was a four piece. Kind of stoner, garage rock, indie, progressive mix of music.

I came up with the name because I liked the idea of the romanticized "summers in France" but juxtaposed with the idea of Kuwait.